SELLERS PAY FOR EBAY "MISUNDERSTANDINGS"

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

SELLERS PAY FOR EBAY "MISUNDERSTANDINGS"

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Mon May 11, 2015 1:25 am

EBAY is now encouraging buyers to return items.
This does not make for a good selling platform.
As most of us know, ebay for the last few years has been operating under the belief the the buyer has all the rights.
Sellers lost the right to leave negative or neutral feedback a few year back, no matter how bad the buyer acted... bad check, no pay, refubd extortion... you name it... the buyers had all the power, and, the sellers had none.
Ebay has bumped that up a few notches now, and, has even sent out a blanket email that virtually encourages buyer fraud.
Click on the link below... FROM AN E-COMMERCE NEWS WEBSITE... read the article, see the ebay letter, and, BE SURE TO READ THE COMMENTS FROM SUBSCRIBERS / VICTIMS, so you will get the full story.
ebay with it's new "buyer protection" system makes it an open market for for fraudulent buyers.
Seller beware!!
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters ... 92182.html
Midcoast Vintage

Re: SELLERS PAY FOR EBAY "MISUNDERSTANDINGS"

Postby integ194 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Ok I accept there will be those that will exploit the system as in any system. But lets not characterise those few for the vast majority of sellers & buyers who both ways are a pleasure with whom to do business. I have 500 buys & sells and have never had or provided a bad experience. It is that which will influence my opinion on this subject. Cheers Wayne :D
integ194

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Mon May 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Many of us have never had a bad experience on ebay.
Many of us have had.
The point of the article, and, the reason i posted it, is, the system currently in place leaves it wide open for a seller to get burned, and, have no recourse.
As is pointed out in one of the responses to the article, a crafty scammer can end up with your merchandise, and, your money, and, leave you negative feedback, when you did everything right.
there have been a few other articles about this, but, this one contained the most information, which is why i posted it.
Yes, it would be wonderful if all was well on ebay, as, well as the rest of the world, but... it isn't.
I f you have never had a problem, that is great.
Once you do have a problem, you will view things differently.
Many of us used to view ebay as perpetual motion machine of money from heaven.
Trust me, and, plenty of others who have gotten burned by ebay... ebay is no longer the magic money machine.
I know several vintage guitar dealers who sent out vintage guitars, and due to the new ebay "NO HASSLE" return policy, got them back stripped of the original parts, and, replaced with reproduction parts, and, in a few cases, with out any parts at all.
Yeah... i know... "it's just a guitar...". well, there are more guitars trading hands for over 100 thousand dollars than there are slot machines.
Several rare guitars are selling for over 250 thousand, and, a few have traded hands for over a million.
To the best of my knowledge, no slot machine has done that.
so... suppose you send someone a slot, they pull a scam, file for the ebay no hassle return, and, send you back a reproduction war eagle, or, pull the mech out, and send you a krahl, harris, or sega mechanism in it's place?
Even with with picture, which the ebay flunky who handles your dispute will not know what he is looking at...they can't speak or understand english...do you expect them to be able to tell the difference in a real vs. a repro slot machine mechanism?
It WILL happen, and, you WILL eventually read about on this website.
Remember... YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.
Rose colored glasses and Utopia are wonderful in theory, but... this is the real world, and there are crooks and scammers out there just waiting for the right opportunity.
Again, i state...SELLERS BEWARE.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby integ194 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:47 pm

Wow settle down-all I did was convey my experience. Surely I am entitled to do that without being subjected to your 'rose coloured glasses & real world' comments. I do live in the real world, I wear clear glasses and I call issues as I see them as a real person. Wayne
integ194

Postby YourBestBet » Mon May 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Midcoast - you are definitely entitled to your opinion. I know there have been several threads on this topic already.

The best advice I can give you all is to be smart about buying and selling merchandise on any marketplace platform such as eBay, Amazon, Etsy, etc.. Seller & Buyer beware and make sure you require signature confirmation on large purchases and that you are delivering to a confirmed address.
YourBestBet

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:36 am

eBay Seller Says No-Return Policy Is No Defense Against Bad Buyer.
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters ... 09308.html
Midcoast Vintage

Return to E-Bay