CAILLE NUDE FRONT WITH HOKEY DESCRIPTION FOR SALE ON EBAY

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

CAILLE NUDE FRONT WITH HOKEY DESCRIPTION FOR SALE ON EBAY

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed May 27, 2015 5:41 pm

RAD THE AD VERY CAREFULLY!!
Ad state machine seems to function properly, but, also states the escalator is missing... among other parts.
Here is the question I sent the seller.
HI,
you state machine "seems" to function properly.
with out the coin escalator, the machine can not operate.
so, does, or, does not the machine actually function properly?
can you put a coin in the machine, pull the handle, and, if a winning combination is hit, receive a payout?
thank you.

I have received no reply.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Caille- ... 1785091474?
Midcoast Vintage

Re: CAILLE NUDE FRONT WITH HOKEY DESCRIPTION FOR SALE ON EBA

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu May 28, 2015 1:17 am

The seller did answer you. Check the Q&A at the bottom of the posting.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby integ194 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:55 am

Actually to me the seller in the information provided was trying to be very honest to the best of his ability.
integ194

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Thu May 28, 2015 7:27 am

he did answer later.
at the time i posted, he had not yet replied after quite awhile.
perhaps he was describing to the best of his ability, however, we have all seen vague descriptions from some slot sellers in the past that know EXACTLY what they are selling, and intentionally give vague descriptions.
before clarifying in in answer, the description was a bit vague with the "seems to".
a newbie reading that ad could easily become excited and jump on it thinking he was getting an uncommon machine for a bargain price.
just trying to be helpful.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby watlingboy » Thu May 28, 2015 8:15 am

This machine is local to me and I got a call and looked at it, I had bought a machine previously from this man. The guy selling this machine is a nice, honest guy and knows nothing about slot machines. The only reason the missing items are listed is because I told him what is wrong with it. Someone removed the escalator and made 3 sheet metal covers or flaps to divert the quarters. Sometimes the quarter goes into the coin tube and sometimes it goes to where the cash box should be, just depends on how the coin lands. When I saw the escalator was missing, I suggested he put it on Ebay because he could get more for it than I was willing to pay because I didn't know where I could find the escalator. You can only protect and help people so much, at some point they have to take some responsibility for their actions. The machine does play as it should when you insert a quarter and he stated it is missing the escalator.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby TheFatman » Thu May 28, 2015 8:56 am

Pictures of the mech outside the cabinet would be better in disclosing the part of the machine that is questionable. I am sure if someone requested the pic, this man would provide it, providing he knows how to remove the mech.
dave F
TheFatman

Postby watlingboy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:51 am

I agree, a picture of the mech would show exactly what you are getting. He did not know how to take it out. I took it out and put it back in. Not sure he paid attention how I did it. I'm sure he would give it a try if someone asked for a picture.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby TheFatman » Thu May 28, 2015 12:24 pm

I also agree with you he stated all he could. Stated the escatator was not there (answers that question) and the meck worked as it should (and that question as well). Dont know how better he could have described it except the pic. I guess there is quite a few folks here that are so skiddish on every machine. Not their fault ... only takes a few disreputable people to cause everyone to be cautious, and I cant blame them.
Dave F
TheFatman

Return to E-Bay