Baby Grand

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Baby Grand

Postby nvmos2 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:57 am

A Baby Grand slot machine recently sold on flebay for $1000+.
The seller was less than helpful/forthright in answering questions on the reason it was "not working."

If anyone on this forum bought it and discovered an undisclosed defect that you feel should have been known by the seller, you might have a legit claim against the buyer.
Send me a PM and I'll give you the exchange of msgs I had with seller.
nvmos2

Re: Baby Grand

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:23 pm

The "Baby Grand" was purchased by one of our Forum members, and I'm sure he is quite competent
in getting it working, and knows full-well the condition it was in when purchased. I HOPE! #-o
I will leave it to him, to speak up about it, if he so chooses.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby nvmos2 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Maybe I wasn't clear;
I would also hope the Baby Grand went to a serious collector who knows what he's doing.

My point;
whoever the buyer was, if he feels the seller was not quite forthright and has a complaint,
I may be able to provide some ammunition.
I was very disappointed in the sellers response to my questions.
nvmos2

Postby altort » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi nvmos2

I am the one that won the slot in question, I really appreciate that you would be willing to to provide assistance if needed, I am aware of this sellers reputation has I have dealt with him in the past, I took much time to study the pictures to come up with the conclusion that I would bid and try to win.

I just received the slot and there is more wrong than what he has mentioned, many bad and missing springs, the coin advance is completely miss assembled, no way that this slot worked before the supposed chain adjustment, but fortunately the mech is complete, it will need a full tear down and rebuild to get it to work properly, I spent some time today and did get it to work but the coin advance will need some attention since it was installed incorrectly to begin with and binds.

Unfortunately it will be a wile before I can work on any of my machines, I am recovering from wrist surgery and will be in a cast for several weeks.

If you don't mind I would be interested to know the questionb you had for him and his reply.

Thanks Al
altort

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:01 am

Al;
Glad to hear that this machine is now in your capable hands;
The Baby Grand really is a great machine.

I was 3rd highest bidder;
I would have gone higher but really got the feeling the seller was not disclosing some known defects,
and was afraid they might be beyond my abilities to fix.
Although someone else bid you up higher, I think you still got it at a very good price.

I'll send details of my msgs with seller to you in a PM.
nvmos2

Return to E-Bay