Real Golden Nugget???

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Real Golden Nugget???

Postby sam2002 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Just got some really great information from a friend .

" The books I have show the machine was originally made in late 1946-47. and was called "Extra Bell" and the machine on ebay was mfg'd in 1955 and thru 1965, and is called "Blue bell". The front reel window is different than the original (opening for 4 reels), and also the award card in the earlier model was oval and also the base on the ebay model is chrome and the earlier ones were always made with an oak base. The reels are from the later version (black) as earlier they were the mills white. The Book Reel History by Dan Mead shows the one on ebay as "Blue Bell 1955 Revamp Escalator Bell". They also reproduced these machine's (the earlier version) in the 80's. "

Thanks for that info
sam2002

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:51 am

sam2002 wrote:Just got some really great information from a friend .

" The books I have show the machine was originally made in late 1946-47. and was called "Extra Bell" and the machine on ebay was mfg'd in 1955 and thru 1965, and is called "Blue bell". The front reel window is different than the original (opening for 4 reels), and also the award card in the earlier model was oval and also the base on the ebay model is chrome and the earlier ones were always made with an oak base. The reels are from the later version (black) as earlier they were the mills white. The Book Reel History by Dan Mead shows the one on ebay as "Blue Bell 1955 Revamp Escalator Bell". They also reproduced these machine's (the earlier version) in the 80's. "

Thanks for that info

Sam:
My mistake. I did fail to mention above, that the machine on ebay is indeed the later "Blue Bell" version, as they had completely different
castings than the earlier "Extra Bell". Besides the wood base, oval award plate and smaller reel windows, they also had a smaller jackpot.
The fancy upper leaf pattern, was also cut short, and partially printed on the larger breast-plate. The standard "Blue Bell" had the wood
base, and only the "Golden Nugget" conversions had the wrap-around chrome tray, as was the same treatment that was done to the earlier
Half-Top models, and is also the key element of spotting the 99.9% of all the FAKE "Golden Maggets" on eBay, and elsewhere. Not to mention
the additional Formica side panels.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby oldslotman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:20 pm

I believe one of the members of this forum got one of the nuggets, Not sure about the other Aitkens front
oldslotman

Previous

Return to E-Bay