Watling 50 cent'er on Ebay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Watling 50 cent'er on Ebay

Postby Lambow » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:47 pm

What do people think about this Watling 50 cent Rol-A-Top? Is it an all original US 50 cent machine? Is does price seem fair for the this particular type of machine in this condition? If not, what would be a fair price, plus how often do these 50c machine come on the market. I have dreamed about owning a Watling 50cent machine and filling it with walking liberty half dollars. Not old worn out coins but nice higher grade coins. Nice vf-xf ones can be had for around $15. About how many would it take to fill the coin tube and jackpot plus some to play with. Would the machine cause significant damage to the coins?

Thanks Lambow
Lambow

Re: Watling 50 cent'er on Ebay

Postby Lambow » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 pm

I guess I should of the For Sale forum first.
Lambow

Postby CoinOpNut » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi Lambow -
My name is John. I am the owner/seller of the 50c machine.
I can check to see how many coins fit in the coin tube. You'd probably also want to account for filling the jackpot to 1/2 or 3/4 full as well.

Happy to discuss details of the machine and - if you'd like - arrange to have you come inspect it firsthand.
I'll send a PM to connect.

Thanks for the interest,
John
CoinOpNut

Postby watlingboy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:03 am

50 cent Rol-A-Tops do surface but they are not common. Unrestored ones that you can display are even harder to find. Many have been restored, unrestored original machines have been separating themselves, price wise, from the restored versions. I wouldn't use collector grade coins in the machine. You do having them falling on top of each other in the coin tube and they will slide across one another in the slides.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby CoinOpNut » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks for the info and perspectives, Watlingboy.
yes - does seem like higher grade coins will take a beating in a slot.
Good news is that the lower grade coins are cheaper ;-)

-J
CoinOpNut

Return to E-Bay