Another Golden whatever

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Another Golden whatever

Postby sam2002 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:41 am

Sorry to see this happen to the poor sole who buys it :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Origi ... SwpzdWrTJN

FOOLY RESTORED !!!
sam2002

Re: Another Golden whatever

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:00 pm

This one has got to be one of the worst TOTAL FAKES that I have ever seen. New case, and everything else is new and incorrect.
Mechanism has many unoriginal homemade parts. The paint job looks like CRAP, and the nuggets on the upper casting, are in the
wrong location. That's really a Bad sign. Sure feel sorry for the person that wins this Total Disaster! Guess all the bidders believed
the heavily BS'd description. :^o This thing isn't even worth $200 for parts!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby marsonion » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:56 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:This one has got to be one of the worst TOTAL FAKES that I have ever seen. New case, and everything else is new and incorrect.
Mechanism has many unoriginal homemade parts. The paint job looks like CRAP, and the nuggets on the upper casting, are in the
wrong location. That's really a Bad sign. Sure feel sorry for the person that wins this Total Disaster! Guess all the bidders believed
the heavily BS'd description. :^o This thing isn't even worth $200 for parts!

WOW over $1,600.00 so far with plenty of bidders... and the POS doesn't even have an escalator, just quarters pasted in a row! Aren't these guys paying any attention at all?
#-o
marsonion

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:45 pm

YEP! Some poor sucker just got snookered with $1,625.00. Wish I knew who he was.
With all of eBay's asinine coding procedures, you can't click on a userID to warn them any longer.
They originally did that, to protect buyers & sellers alike. But it is only screwing the buyer, Royally!
We need to get the word out on eBay, about this Forum, so that more of the Newbies know where
to look for help, before getting the 'Un-vasoline'd Weenie'! :shock:
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:33 am

I sent a message to the seller simply stating his machine was a reproduction.

He responded with "Thanks".

I then did a followup suggesting that he might want to update his listing so the buyers know it is a fake. I also said given his screen name (civilwarcollector) that his hobby is probably also filled with fakes and I assume he hates seeing people get ripped off.

No response from him.

I then sent him the URL of this thread.

No response from him.

His silence speaks loud and clear about his integrity.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Dave:
I would have guessed that you would not hear a word from the Scam seller. Persons that have such a long BS story
in their descriptions, are not about to listen to the likes of us, that know exactly what they have. We all know how
many of these FAKE "Golden Magget" machines are listed on a daily basis, but this one here, has got to be the #1
Worst-of-the-Worst 'CRAP' examples that I have ever seen. What got me, was his comment about how nice the paint
job was. It looked like SH** in the photos, so I can only imagine how it looked in person. Hopefully the buyer gets
wind of what he bought, and makes the seller take it back. Or better yet. he gets to keep the machine, and get his
money refunded, (like eBay's new policy), then he can just toss the machine in a dumpster, so that nobody else has
to live with it. He may be able to salvage a few parts, before doing so.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to E-Bay