UNUSUAL CASTLE FRONT

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

UNUSUAL CASTLE FRONT

Postby altort » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Unusual Castle front http://www.ebay.com/itm/262381862192?eu ... ce771&cp=1
I have seen this particular stile casting a wile back at the VCA but did not think much of it at the time, this is only the second time that I can recall seeing this casting, taking a closer look at the pictures reveals that not only the front castings are different but the bonnet as well with carriage bolts and wing nuts instead of the typical latches, no handle pump, Bantam reel strips and the mech is different.
Any one have any info on this one? Was it an export model?
altort

Re: UNUSUAL CASTLE FRONT

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon May 02, 2016 2:13 am

Yes, here we go again with a so-called "REAL RARE VERSION". All it is, is another Operator Revamp,
that just had a short run, as I have only seen two or three of these myself. Both the upper & lower
castings have had new pattern-work, and it wasn't done by Mills, otherwise there would be many
more in existence. The Pace Bantam reel bundle is another clue, as to Operator 'mix & match'.
I think the seller should stick to his 'Burger & Fries' business, and cease the BS about something
he obviously knows nothing about. At least his price isn't as insane as the clown with the Operator
Bell & Lion Head Bastardization!
Who knows, maybe someday, one of our serious collectors, may want to build a collection of all
the Operator Revamps. Should make for an interesting display. But that's only if the prices come
down to a Realistic level, like $850 or so, MAX.
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to E-Bay