Slot with Two Award Plates?

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Slot with Two Award Plates?

Postby standardchief » Fri May 20, 2016 1:49 pm

Slot (25 cents) for sale in ebay #252332365119. Two non-matching award plates. The Buckley name might be under the smaller award plate, but not all Buckleys had the name there.

There was a similar slot (except 5 cents) here: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/42 ... ot-machine

And, another one (5 cents) here: http://www.ibuyoldslots.com/priceGuide/ ... 536648.jpg

Very strange! Anyone have any history for these concoctions?
Attachments
Two Award Plates.jpg
Slot with 2 different award plates
standardchief

Re: Slot with Two Award Plates?

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri May 20, 2016 6:42 pm

The person selling the one on eBay, hasn't a clue what they are offering.
They have it advertised as a Mills HighTop. #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby flipper77 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:02 am

Know the Buckley machines don't gather a lot of attention or collectability. But they are some of the best rec room pure fun to play machines. Here is an untouched original out of a VFW in northern Ohio that had been sitting for 35+ years. What a quarter Buckley should look like. Flip
Attachments
DSC03474.JPG
flipper77

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 pm

As I under stood , there were many variations of their machines.
first they only revamped old mills machines. then they started making their own parts..... some simplification of the original mills type parts, ect. , And finally made their own machines from scratch. they were ALSO the Manufactures of the A.C. Multi bell for That company for a few years during the war.
could be a multitude of different variations of casting trims, pay out cards, reel strip combinations , ect.

They never got any respect from the collector's world as.... " these machines are only revamps of mills machines " (ect.,ect.).
I believe there is far fewer of these Buckley machines out there today , because collectors & dealers in the past wanted them all back to original mills (for the $$$$$), OR striped them completely out to resell the parts for other mills machines.

nice to see a real poll on who owns one / or knows who owns one. don't seem to be as affordable as they use to be either.

jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby nvmos2 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Buckley had been making counter games since the 1920s;
yes, they did a lot of revamps when they first got into slots,
but by 1950, they were established as a major original slot machine producer with a variety of models and their own unique features.

Standardchief; you got an eye for detail to come up with 3 examples of machines with the second award plate!
In 1952, Buckley came out with their Twenty One model;
It had the second reward plate next to the reels to show the added payouts in addition to the standard payouts shown on the bib.
I agree; it does look a little strange.

See Coin Slot Guide 25.
nvmos2

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun May 22, 2016 2:12 am

Many collectors in the past, and even now, have 'Poo-Poo'd' these Buckley models. Aside from not being
as good looking as most other models, they are 'work-horses', and will tend to sustain more abuse, than
their Mills counterpart. I don't own one any longer, but the ones I had, and others I worked on, played
flawlessly, with barely a complaint about jamming, or getting out-of-wack. If you want a good playing
machine, for your kids or grandkids to torture, (so that they leave your good stuff alone), get a Buckley.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mechanic » Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Many collectors in the past, and even now, have 'Poo-Poo'd' these Buckley models. Aside from not being
as good looking as most other models, they are 'work-horses', and will tend to sustain more abuse, than
their Mills counterpart. I don't own one any longer, but the ones I had, and others I worked on, played
flawlessly, with barely a complaint about jamming, or getting out-of-wack. If you want a good playing
machine, for your kids or grandkids to torture, (so that they leave your good stuff alone), get a Buckley.

YEA !!! WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!
mechanic

Return to E-Bay