25 cent Rol A Too

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

25 cent Rol A Too

Postby Richard13 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:05 am

So I bid on this overpriced machine last month and it did not sell old eBay item number 182117665685
The "seller" contacted me and made me a cash offer price of $3100 plus $190 shipping or pick up local.

I have brothers there that could pick it up and ship it. Does anyone recall this machine it does not look
Like a fake or repro. If it's the real deal is $3100 for this model a good deal I only know older machines
Without the flat sides.

Old eBay item number 182117665685

I would do cash and carry only outside of eBay. Please anyone's thoughts and input?

Richard
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Re: 25 cent Rol A Too

Postby MikeB » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:11 am

Well, it certainly looks like an original Rol A Top. No repro model has that sort of detail. As for what it's "worth", I'll leave that to you and others to decide. I wouldn't pay that price for a Rol A Top, but plenty would. It does seem to have a MILLS lock and key for the backdoor though:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WATLING ... 7675.l2557
MikeB

Re: 25 cent Rol A Too

Postby watlingboy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:00 am

Foreign coin post war RAT with plywood case and original paper reel strips. Castings have been repainted but everything else looks original. Cabinet appears to be untouched. Back door lock appears original, Watling used Bell locks on some later machines. Fairly priced, possibly worth one or two hundred more because it is a quarter but post war machines bring less than pre war. You won't get hurt buying it.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Return to E-Bay