Questions about these two stimulators on ebay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Questions about these two stimulators on ebay

Postby Richard13 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:01 am

I just became seriously interested in awesome trade stimulators and have questions about these two machine so I came to the experts.

First machine is a Ball-Gum machine with cigarette reel strips what are anyone's thoughts on this for value and desireability?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Cigarette ... ING_ACTIVE
image.jpeg

Second one is a 1935 Pace The Cardinal. Most I have seen do not have a jackpot is that an add on someone did to this machine? Are there feel strips/award cards reproduced for this machine so I can refurbish this in a more original configuration?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 5357 times

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1935-PACE-Mfg-Co- ... ING_ACTIVE

Looking for insite so I don't make any newbie investment errors. If you have similar machines for sale I would consider them instead of flea bay too!

thanks in advance
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Re: Questions about these two stimulators on ebay

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:09 am

Richard:
So now you have gone and caught the Trade Stimulator bug? Oh, are you in big trouble now!
I became addicted many years ago, and it has never ended.
Bill
Last edited by SLOT DYNASTY on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:20 am

Richard:
The Groetchen "Ball Gum" is a very common model. Even though this one appears to be complete & original, it is
pretty grubby for the price. Plus, they say it has a back door, but it is not shown in any of the pics.

The Pace "Cardinal" is totally original & complete. These came in many configurations of 3, 4, and 5 reel variations.
They were called 'Convertible Models', and usually came with all the parts, to change the machine to whatever way
the operator wanted to run it. The more common examples, are usually found with 5 reel poker, and 5 reel beer.
The 3 & 4 reel variations do not show up as often. They could also be ordered with or without a jackpot. The only
thing I see that has been changed, is the back door lock. Pace didn't use Ace locks on these machines. For the
original condition that this one is in, and having the jackpot feature, the $850 BIN price is quite fair, and the seller
has a good track record, from what I know.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Richard13 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:14 am

Thanks Bill for the great info! The Cardinal does have a five reel mechanism in it just no reel strips. The Ball Gum machine has all four sides in cast metal that is cool to me also. I really like the complicated or Art Deco castings on slots and now stimulators. I can get two or three stimulators for the price of a full size good condition slot. I like the size because they can fit on the bottom she'll of a special table I have that several slots fit on and one or two can sit on my bar. Maybe this will cure my obsession for a gumball vendor Little Duke!
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby sam2002 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:49 pm

stairs
Last edited by sam2002 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam2002

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:41 am

Richard:
All of the 5 reel convertible machines retain all five reels, no matter which reel configuration they are using.
The fact that this Cardinal has no strips on the two end reels, tells me that it came from the factory this way.
But that's not carved in stone, as an operator may have removed them. The one difference with the Cardinal,
compared to most other Pace models, is that it doesn't have a removable reel window casting, so they just
painted the inside of the glass black.
However, models like the Daval "Chicago Club House", most models had the removable reel window frame, for
the 3, 4, & 5 reel conversions. The ones that had a molded-in frame, are always found with the 5 reel Poker
strips in them. Many times you will find Poker strips on the two end reels, when a 3 reel conversion is in place.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Richard13 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:06 am

Thanks Bill it did not sell on eBay and when I contacted seller he said it is no longer available. Musta cut a deal on the side off eBay. Again another lesson learned here so if I see another one I'll know to jump on it or not!
Richard13

Postby Rick B » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:11 pm

Been getting hook on them also. Picked up two new ones today and a Pace Butterfly full size. Rick B

Rick B

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:34 am

Richard13 wrote:Thanks Bill it did not sell on eBay and when I contacted seller he said it is no longer available. Musta cut a deal on the side off eBay. Again another lesson learned here so if I see another one I'll know to jump on it or not!

Richard:
Yes, I contacted the seller as well, and was informed that "it sold". Which means, someone contacted him with an offer,
to pull it off eBay. The machine is in the 'completed listings', and not showing as sold. So we all know what that means!
This is a practice that has been going on since eBay began. All because of not wanting to waste time, bidding along with
your fellow collectors, and taking a chance of being out-bid. I'm sure many have noticed, that nine times out of ten, when
a Rare, or Scarce machine hits the block, it somehow vanishes within a day or two. I have known several people, that made
a regular practice out of having machines pulled with a side-offer. What some sellers don't realize, is that a particular item
may draw a much higher figure, if the auction runs it's coarse. Case in point: Several years ago, I was bidding on a totally
original, and complete machine, in excellent condition. About a day after it was listed, I was talking to a collector, that
told me so-and-so, (whom I also knew), was interested in it, and was going to contact the seller with an offer to pull it. I
also was told the amount. In another day or so, I got my notice from eBay, that the listing was shut down, and all bids had
been retracted. I contacted the seller, and asked what happened, and he gave me a BS story, that his grand-kid had knocked
it off the table, and it was broken. He also stretched the BS a bit farther, by saying it would be relisted when it was repaired.
Yeah right! In about a week, I got the word that the 'Sleezeball' now had the machine in his possession. That person knew me
well, and knew that I was bidding on the machine, because at that time, every ones userID showed in the 'bid history', not like
today, seeing a code. What the seller didn't know, is that I had a top bid prepared, that was much higher than what he sold it
for, so because of his stupidity and greed, he was 'The Looser'.

From the result of this latest shenanigan, I am going to cease letting everyone on this Forum know what is a good machine to
go after. I am already aware of a couple that monitor these threads, that are just waiting to go on the attack. So, from now on,
If I know the collector that is inquiring about a certain machine, I will just PM him, instead of answering in the Forum.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:51 am

Rick B wrote:Been getting hook on them also. Picked up two new ones today and a Pace Butterfly full size. Rick B

Rick:
Nice group of starters, into collecting the 'Little Guys'.
What I do need, are the serial numbers, for my Update Files. The "Chicago Club House" will be stamped on the outside bottom
of the case, and may have a letter 'C' in front of the number. The "Puritan Bell" will be stamped on the left side of the front
door, and also need to know if it is 5c or 25c play. The "Marvel" will be stamped on the outside bottom, and is it 1c or 5c play.
The "Vest Pocket" I am not cataloging. The "Imp" will not have a serial. I am not sure who you are, or if you have sent serials
to me in the past. I also have a catalog of reel strips & award cards for most counter games, if needed.
You can send the serials to my direct e-mail, at (slotdynasty@sbcglobal.net).
Thanks, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to E-Bay