Getting Lippy

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Getting Lippy

Postby marsonion » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:50 pm

eBay item number:191924141137
PLEASE READ BEFORE BIDDING!!!!
WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT HERE IS REPRODUCTION BACK LIP FOR AN EARLY 1930's CAILLE DICTATOR, CAILLE CADET OR CAILLE DOUGHBOY ANTIQUE SLOT MACHINE.

CASTING NUMBER #MC185!

As a low-end, "unreal" collector, I happen to own all three of these models, but I don't see how this item could possibly fit into any of them. I'm pretty sure it's an honest mistake on the part of the seller, but that led me to wondering: just what make/model of slot does this casting actually fit into? #-o I seem to recall seeing that "MC-" prefix before on some part(s) somewhere, but where--?
marsonion

Re: Getting Lippy

Postby mrslot1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 pm

that would be my auction! Mrslot1!
My Dad (Bernie) had these made like 25 + years ago, and for the life of me can't remember what machine, I was almost positive they were for a Caillie,

I had asked a few of the old timers that are still out there, One of them for sure told me an early 1930's Caillie!!!

Just trying to clear out so much extra inventory, especially stuff that has been kicking around the shop, and who knows, someone out there might need that part!!!
Hopefully someone will shed some light on it more for me!!!
thanks again
Dave
mrslot1

Postby TheFatman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:03 pm

I have a feeling Freddy will be able to correctly name it. I know if Bernie had this item made, it is done well and as close of a replacement as you are going to find.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby tsparts4u » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:44 am

The back lip casting in question here is for a Pace Deluxe Comet with the slug rejector.
See picture of my machine with this casting.
Attachments
MVC-902S.JPG
MVC-899S-1.jpg
MVC-898S.JPG
tsparts4u

Postby mrslot1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:52 am

Awesome!!!!! thanks for the update on this, I will be going into the auction and changing it immediately!!!

thanks guys!!!
Dave
mrslot1

Return to E-Bay