War Eagle Can anyone see the issues?

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

War Eagle Can anyone see the issues?

Postby Rick B » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:55 am

I see a bunch of issues with this machine unless they made two castings? Can anyone else see them? I love details and will post them in side by sides later. Rick B

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-MILLS-WAR ... SwARZXo9qP

Rick B

Re: War Eagle Can anyone see the issues?

Postby mrslot1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:13 am

1-cherry payout....
mrslot1

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:39 am

I'd ask for the serial number on the top casting...that probably won't be there...
rtmccurdy

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:55 am

Wood base might be new
Dave
Site Admin

Postby bikerjrn » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:31 am

Coin entry looks to be .25 cent or larger with a .05 cent escalator. Jim
bikerjrn

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:28 am

Hi all:
To start off with, the Mills "War Eagle" had several casting changes over the years. There are at least 6 different lower castings.
Single JP, JP with visible reserve, JP with non-visible reserve, (that had two different filler castings), JP window with cross-hatch
pattern, with and without removable operator inspection casting, to the right of JP. There is also about 4 different upper castings.
With and without skill stop blanks, two different denominator button areas. There are three different back bonnets. The plain one,
with stippled surface, one with a raised pattern, similar to the pattern on the front coin head, and one for the future-pay feature,
that mounts on top. Aside from all this, there is also a Rock-Ola "War Eagle", that has entirely different upper & lower castings.

The machine in the auction in question, appears to be a complete original, with the exception of the 'Cruddy' Yellow repaint, that
is nowhere's close to correct. Even from the blurry photos, I can see that it has original case, with warped & crack base, and is dirty
inside, with residue from the paper stickers, correct handle, correct back door, and lock, correct style cash box, correct mechanism,
(what I can see of it).
I did write the seller, asking for the serial number, and telling him where it will be located. But my guess, is it will be hidden by
that thick paint-job. Haven't heard anything as yet. The price is not out-of-line, as yet, but don't know what the reserve is.
Especially when we have seen the ridiculous prices, that many of the Reproductions have gone for in the past, and still do.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby oldslotman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:43 am

Looks original, just wonder about the single cherry pay.
oldslotman

Postby Rick B » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:03 am

Slot Dynasty, that was where I was having issues. The casting had many different areas from a few originals I seen. Feathers are coin slot and far right are very different. Eagles head is larger and longer beak. I wasn't aware that they changed the castings? Thanks for the info. Rick B
Rick B

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:24 pm

Rick:
It is really hard to make comparisons with the "War Eagle" above, because of that "BLAH" yellow paint job, which covers much
of the detail areas, that are normally polish-highlighted. There is no difference in the feather pattern between this one and all
the others. The only difference there is with the Eagles head and beak, is from this jackpot with reserve model, and the single
jackpot model. With the single JP, you see more of the Eagles neck & chest, the beak is just a tad longer, and just below the
JP, you see more of the legs and talons. So, if you were comparing this one against a single JP model, that is where you would
have seen any differences. Also, I am not aware of any casting changes in all the reproduction crap that is out there, other than
the shrinkage.
If any of our Forum members are looking to add a "War Eagle" to their collection, this should be a good buy. If the reserve is not
out-of-line that is. If it doesn't sell, contact the seller to see what He or She will take.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to E-Bay