Fraud alert on Bird Of Paradise on E-Bay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Postby Dave » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:30 pm

cashpaidauctions wrote:A lot of the questions and inquiries I am getting are because they want the parts on it. So I think the bidders are more interested in the parts than the actual entire machine... does that make sense?
Also remember the bidding is higher than normal because we spent extra $ to have it featured on ebay's homepage, therefore it gets more attention and bids, ebay said items that are featured on home page have more bids.

Again, thanks to everyone for being helpful and working things out.

I do accept your apology , and I also apologize if I was rude, again, I was just a bit offended by the way I was initially approached. But let's move on. :) THere's much bigger problems in the world.

If you guys are trying to create more problems out of this, go ahead, but please keep me out of it, I have spent a lot of time coming to this forum trying to address everyone and make sure things are fair. Thanks.

I don't think people are here trying to create more problems.

This is a forum to talk about antique coin operated devices. A big part of that is E-Bay.

If there are more discussions about your machine then it will probably be about the auction in general.

I am not sure why the bidding on your machine is where it is at. If people are buying it for parts then they should know what parts go for and you can buy complete Mills machines for less than what your machine is going for.

However, auctions are weird, I have seen stuff go for incredible prices and as long as the machine is described accurately I don't have a problem with it.

You have updated the listing to accurately describe the machine. If someone wants to pay $2,500, or $10,000 for that matter, then that is up to them. I am still skeptical on the bidders but whatever.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:54 pm

Just an update on the bird. Earlier today, the bid was still at $2,550.

However, it sold for $1,625.00. It was bought by a bidder with 1 feedback and the bid came in with less than two minutes left on the auction. His only feedback was from July 10th of last year and the feedback was strange. It is "This is how it was designed. What a pleasure. Great eBayer A++++++++++"

Two of the bidders bids were either cancelled or retrracted.

One bid was cancelled. The reason was "could not verify bid". Not sure what this means. This bidder had over 300 feedbacks. His bid was for a maximum of $3,200. Does anyone know what "could not verify bid" means? Why would you try to verify a bidder if they have over 300 feedbacks?

The other bid was retracted. The reason was "Seller changed the description of the item". This bidder only had 2 feedbacks. His top bid was $2,500. At least the retraction makes sense.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:50 pm

Another interesting fact.

The high bidder on this auction (tph2144) was also the high bidder on a reproduction Caille catalogue last June (2006). The listing number for that auction was 6288614602 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6288614602 ) and the catalogue sold for an incredible $192.50. Neither the seller or the buyer left feedback for each other on this item. In fact, the buyer only has 1 feedback in total.

The seller of the book (forheavenssake2004) then either sold the same book again, or another one on July 21st for $12.50. That auction # was 170008197877 ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0008197877 ).

WatlingBoy made a post about the Caille book a few weeks ago. You can see it at http://www.ibuyoldslots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=460

Something very strange is going on.
Dave
Site Admin

Previous

Return to E-Bay