Ebay- Slots USA

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Ebay- Slots USA

Postby watlingboy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:28 am

Dave,

How does Slots USA pay the huge listing fees constantly? If you look at their sales, the only thing you see is an occasional Golden Nugget sale. I see none of their electronic machines selling.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Re: Ebay- Slots USA

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:34 pm

watlingboy wrote:Dave,

How does Slots USA pay the huge listing fees constantly? If you look at their sales, the only thing you see is an occasional Golden Nugget sale. I see none of their electronic machines selling.

Watlingboy

They have about 3,000 feedbacks so I think they were selling quite a few of the modern machines.

Regarding the Nugget machines, I don't now how many they sold. They must make quite a bit when they do get someone to bite. If they made $1,000 per Nugget sold then that would cover quite a few listing fees.

If you look at their feedback their is at least one negative from a buyer of a Nugget stating that it was a fake.

I know at one point in time they were selling the Nugget machines as private auctions. I speculate that it was to stop collectors from notifying the bidders that the machines were not original.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:40 pm

I just looked at their feedback again. Most are from sellers, not buyers.

You are right, they really didn't sell that many machines.

Perhaps the listing fees killed them. I wonder if they are still in business.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cpdretired » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:29 am

The listing fee isn't bad. It's the final value fee where the dollars start adding up. I went thru the listing process with a $1,000.00 starting price with a no reserve auction. Four pictures supersize and gallery would be about $5.00. If the same aution was done with a reserve add $10.00 to the listing.
cpdretired

Postby tmhatting » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:08 pm

I believe I'm correct in saying that if you open an ebay store (the lowest category is $15.95/month) you can list items for 2 cents apiece. That's why you see some sellers with scads of ads. The final value fees though are roughly doubled so that when something sells, ebay makes about the same amount of money off you. Tom
tmhatting

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:58 am

I see they are now back up on eBay selling their original Golden Nuggets :roll:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to E-Bay