Bogus 1 cent Treasury

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Bogus 1 cent Treasury

Postby watlingboy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:23 pm

Item #250053284795 is a reproduction Treasury. Whoever made it didn't even use the correct Blue Seal machine to attempt a correct looking fake. Watling never made a Treasury with small jackpots plus there are many other incorrect signs on it. I told the owner and he seemed surprised but he has not changed the listing description. He says in the listing that he was guaranteed it was original when he bought it.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Re: Bogus 1 cent Treasury

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:43 pm

watlingboy wrote:Item #250053284795 is a reproduction Treasury. Whoever made it didn't even use the correct Blue Seal machine to attempt a correct looking fake. Watling never made a Treasury with small jackpots plus there are many other incorrect signs on it. I told the owner and he seemed surprised but he has not changed the listing description. He says in the listing that he was guaranteed it was original when he bought it.

Watlingboy

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:01 pm

I contacted the seller asking him if the machine was an original Treasury.

After about 1 day, he responded with the following:

I am no expert --however, based on what I have been told by several dealers the 1 cent is genuine but the case is not -- the victorian auction house in las vegas could be checked because this is where I bought it from one of their auctions. They told me it was an original when I bid on it.

Like I am supposed to contact VCA about an item that they supposedly sold sometime in the past :shock:. Even if I did call them what am I supposed to ask and realistically what are they supposed to say?

What a crock! The guy has not updated the listing at all and the current high bid is $1,925 and amazingly enough it still has not hit his reserve!
Dave
Site Admin

Return to E-Bay