Browsing Craig's List...

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Re: Browsing Craig's List...

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:15 am

OneArmBandito wrote:I've made arrangements to go down Saturday to get it.
Unless someone beats me to it, which I told her was ok.
I made that clear. I don't really need it. Impulse buy.
May help with depression....

I found out long ago, that it is always in my best interest, to keep the Bride happy. :D
Sometimes when I can't resist, I use the terminology "It's For You DEAR". It has worked
several times, as witnessed by Her name under the machine, and not mine, in a couple
of Dick Bueschel's books.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby OneArmBandito » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Being that I'm taking care of my 96n 1/2 yr old dad and 93 yr old Ma, it was Ma I had to talk into it. So I lined up two sitters,and went down today to look at it. After moving it away from the wall (heavy), and looking at the guts I was ready to walk away. The seller roped me in by knocking off another hundred. Got er for 400 plus tax.
I wonder why these aren't that desirable. More modern, and too much lectric gobbledygook for most people ?
Anyway, I own it now. Quite a different animal than a half dollar slot I was thinking about.
First thing I need to do is look over the books, do some lube, then see about that one non functioning slot.
Another concern is the paint peeling off the glass. Maybe plate it up from underneath w/ pieces of plexy ?

Anyway, that's the story.
OneArmBandito

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:01 am

Well you got a better deal on it , that's good.
the coin mech. might be as simple as the trip wire bent or stuck, which is hit by the coin passing through. just match up this one to the other , you should see what is different.
part of it is the size of console type machines , also the old oddball electronics in it = scares people off.

the "Paint" on the glass is actually Printers ink, screen printed on to the glass. with high temps VS low temps over the year(s) ,the glass expands & contracts , the ink does Not.
post a photo or 2 of the glass , so we can see how much loss / flaking you have. touching it up is a major pain in the A**. colors don't match, plus any areas where light should shine through , it won't with the paint.
play with it a bit. have some fun with it first.
I'll hunt down the site for the operator's manual for it , if this one is missing pages ,ect. plus I give you some tips LATER on saving the ink on the glass.
your 2 coin type seems to be a little more common than the 1 coin type.
photos of it in general would be nice for everyone who hasn't seen one.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:20 am

original paint job on these machines..... kinda ugly but , how they came in the late 1940's.
Attachments
keeney 4.jpg
keeney 3.jpg
keeney 2.jpg
JHSS-1944

Postby OneArmBandito » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:00 am

Interesting, I wonder if mine was stripped ? The link in my first post is working this am.... The owner supposedly paid twelve hundred for it in the sixties. First things first. Get that beast out of the car.
OneArmBandito

Postby OneArmBandito » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:51 pm

May be time to move the thread to repair/restoration. I fooled with her for an hour or so. I should have my head examined for getting this machine. This evening I ran 30 nickels through. Man what a stingy machine. Maybe tomorrow look for bugs.
OneArmBandito

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:36 am

yes it had the paint stripped off. many were repainted like mine, but I took that all off, saved as much as I could of the original under it. some are left in the light natural wood , seen some stained real dark.
those photos of another machine not mine, have them labeled as ??? & wasn't able to find them last night.
don't clean off the contacts yet on the disc ,ect. do it wrong & your SOL.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Previous

Return to E-Bay