Mills diamond 50 c. on Ebay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Mills diamond 50 c. on Ebay

Postby OneArmBandito » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:13 am

Apologies if this machine has been discussed previously. I went back a few pages and didn't see any references to it, but then many topics do not specify in the title.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-1940s-Dia ... SwUKxYhkAB

Comments ?

Thanks,
J
OneArmBandito

Re: Mills diamond 50 c. on Ebay

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Price is way-out-of-line for this model. Even if it is a fifty-center.
At least it's still original, and hasn't been transformed into a Fake "Golden Magget", like many are.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby OneArmBandito » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Hmmm, thanks. Probably paid too much for my hightop. What happens when I get in a hurry. Buying is easy.
Buying well is another matter.

Best,
J
OneArmBandito

Postby edgeCity » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:28 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Price is way-out-of-line for this model. Even if it is a fifty-center.
At least it's still original, and hasn't been transformed into a Fake "Golden Magget", like many are.

The coin slot doesn't look correct to me -- I thought they had "flattened out" by the early Forties . . .
the way it 'flows' into the front casting -- almost looks 'custom'!
Anyway, I've been looking for a half-dollar. Assuming it works, pays out correctly, and has keys, how much do you think I should pay for it?
Thanks!
Nelson
edgeCity

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 pm

it has been chromed at one time ,not by the factory. correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought the fish mouth came out after ww2. which means this model was no longer being sold by mills.
diamond fronts were chromed in 1939 , 1940, then painted since they could not buy chrome , U.S. military strategic material.
still looks nice. will have to look over the photos a little more closely.
jeff H.
also a hand load J.P. ,which came out in 1947 /48 (?). would guess a fair price would be $1,800.00 ish.
JHSS-1944

Postby OneArmBandito » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks for the opinions guys.Too far to go for me. Let us know if you go see it Nelson.
Best,

P.S. I'm slightly envious of that four star Sega Jeff. I like that era style. And the lights.
OneArmBandito

Postby edgeCity » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:44 pm

OneArmBandito wrote:Thanks for the opinions guys.Too far to go for me. Let us know if you go see it Nelson.
Best,

P.S. I'm slightly envious of that four star Sega Jeff. I like that era style. And the lights.

. . . not sure how far I'll pursue it, J. I dearly want a half dollar machine, but there's a 'space constraint' to the number of machines I can own. So, I try to find slots that 'combine' several features I'm looking for. Ideally I'd like a half dollar 7-7-7 HiTop. They ain't cheap!
And I agree with you about Jeff's Diamond 4 Star Sega. That machine rocks! If I had to limit my collection to three machines, that would definitely be one of them!
Nelson
edgeCity

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 am

Thank you guys !!!!!
As always, if see a decent machine with a jacked up price , send them a p.m. always be nice, ask a few questions (ones you already know is o.k.), then ask on a price drop , Specially if you know it's not going to sell. they might contact you back before they relist it , put up a best offer option ,ect.
if your nice , show the seller you know what your looking at, have true interest in having this in your home ,ect. they'll be nice back & deal with you OR at the most, say no.
tell them your a member here !! that actually has helped me. they know I'm not a tire kicker or flipper.
I've told sellers to join the forum so they could get more info. on what they own And to sell it here.

And what's this.... limited space for machines ??? that's why god invented storage units & garages !!! (right Richard ?). a guy here (who will remain nameless) from England, has a some stored in a rack in the "basement", then he rotates his machines every few months to the slot stand in the house.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby edgeCity » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:08 am

JHSS-1944 wrote:it has been chromed at one time ,not by the factory. correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought the fish mouth came out after ww2. which means this model was no longer being sold by mills.
diamond fronts were chromed in 1939 , 1940, then painted since they could not buy chrome , U.S. military strategic material.
still looks nice. will have to look over the photos a little more closely.
jeff H.
also a hand load J.P. ,which came out in 1947 /48 (?). would guess a fair price would be $1,800.00 ish.

. . . still a bit intrigued with this machine. I've tried doing some research on the Chrome bell. Chrome front for '39 only because of the war. Check. Fish mouth coin entry appears to be a later mod -- have seen a few 'old' slots with this (Slots of Montana has a bunch). The Chrome bell rollout ads touted the 'single cherry' pay, so it appears the award card, as well as the hand-load jackpot are later mods (note how the front lock 'cuts through' the cherry leaf graphic) ? Reel strips appear to be 'old style', with Copyright 1910 above the Bell-Fruit-Gum bar.
Seller's reply to my inquiries -- "The machine works and pays out perfectly every time, and I have the key which fits both front and back locks. It came from an old friend who had this in his office for many years, I'm not sure where it came from before that."
Anyway, I'll probably drive up tomorrow to have a look at it (it's less than two hours away).
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Nelson
Attachments
zChrome.jpg
edgeCity

Postby OneArmBandito » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:34 am

I would. And I'd have at least 1.8 k in my pocket, too.

I paid seventeen hundirt for my .25 hightop. Maybe high, but I have enjoyed it for three years, gave it away once, got it back after two yrs, and enjoying it again ( never give it away again, cept in my will. Can you take these with you when you go ?).

Best,
J
OneArmBandito

Next

Return to E-Bay