Buying on Ebay

See a listing on E-Bay and want to discuss it? Want to rant about Ebay? All E-Bay related discussion should go here.

Buying on Ebay

Postby ran250 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to slots. I'm no expert but I just wanted to put my two cents in about the Bogus Watling Treasury on ebay. What I noticed is that in the description he states he had bought the machine several years ago. Now if you go to vcaauction.com where he purchased the machine from "several years ago" was in fact March 11-12, 2006, lot # 100.01. If you look closely at the picture on ebay the right side still only had half the gumballs, same as the picture from the auction house. I guess he felt he lost enough on the machine and didn't want to invest in purchasing additional gumballs to fill the right side! :lol: I've dealt with VCA on occasion and they were never willing to guarantee anything unless they had absolute complete documentation, their comment was always "as far as we know".

The real problem that I have with ebay is the sellers that cut off the auction halfway through and all you are told is "item is no longer available". I thought ebay was an auction site, not a classified ad. Maybe there should be a "item pulled" listing along with positive and negative feedbacks. At least then you'd know if the seller is constantly listing items and pulling them before end of auction.

Last but not least, is the jack up pricing. If the item doesn't sell the first time I don't see why you would jack the price up when re-listing the item.

It's not that I dislike ebay, in fact living in Florida it's one of the very few opportunities I have to view antique slots that are available.
ran250
ran250

Ebay

Postby HSaidman » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:32 pm

You bring up a great idea. I think if as a bidder you retract your bid too many times in a 6 month period you get in trouble. Ebay needs to do this with Sellers. If you use, ITEM NOT AVAILABLE etc too many times, you get banned from selling for a while.
HSaidman

Re: Ebay

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:58 pm

HSaidman wrote:You bring up a great idea. I think if as a bidder you retract your bid too many times in a 6 month period you get in trouble. Ebay needs to do this with Sellers. If you use, ITEM NOT AVAILABLE etc too many times, you get banned from selling for a while.

Good idea but I don't think eBay would ever do it.

If they ban a seller that means less revenue for them (eBay).

eBay has made it clear in the past that they don't care about sellers selling misrepresented items (fakes). Why would they care about this?
Dave
Site Admin

Return to E-Bay