Mills Ten Cent High Top?

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Mills Ten Cent High Top?

Postby JoyZGal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi everyone! We just bought this Mills slot machine which seems to be authentic. Can anyone tell us more about it? The serial number is 597969....is there any way to find out what year it is from? It spins when you put dimes in but does not pay out. We can't figure out where the dimes are going because the escalator only holds a few dimes and the box is empty. Is there a jackpot box somewhere that is catching all of these dimes, and if so, how do we get to it? We have the original key. Thanks!
Attachments
Mills 10 Cents.JPG
JoyZGal

A closer view

Postby JoyZGal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Here is another picture of the machine, closer up, but sideways. Sorry I could not get it to rotate!
Attachments
Mills Ten Cents.jpg
JoyZGal

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:19 pm

The coins will go into the vertical payout tube.

Until you get some coins in tube the machine will not payout correctly.

Once the payout tube starts to fill up then the coins will be cashbox (since your machine does not have a jackpot).

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby JoyZGal » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks Dave. Do you know if there is a way to get the dimes out of that vertical tube? I suspect some may be old, and am curious! Also, I have put about 50 or so dimes in, and it is now starting to give small amounts... like one dime for one cherry, when it should be two... also, I got 3 bell fruits and no jackpot - not even a dime! Thoughts?
Thanks, again, Megan
JoyZGal

Mills 10 cent hightop

Postby radiorich123 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 am

Your machine is 1950 and the dimes are gowing into the payout tube and some might be in the jackpot. Need more inside photos with the meck removed to tell you more. Good luck with the nice mills slot.

Rich Bednarcik
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

mills 10c

Postby coppinpr » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 am

the payout slides are dirty or oiled up and are not paying out correctly. It is not hard to empty the payout tube and fix the slides but is a little tricky.
Remove the mech by releasing the retainers and down bolt and pulling it out from the rear,then you will see the payout tube at the front of the mech. If this machine is as it says on the front there will be no jackpot unit but should be another payout tube to pay tokens as a jackpot,this tube may be attached to the case and not the mech. Remove the flat slide/tube that sends the excess coins to the coin box first then you can get at the payout tube.
the payout tube screws down onto the payout slides with four screws near the slides plus one retaining screw at the top near the coin entry to the tube, undo the screws and lift off the tube,the coins will fall out. To make the machine payout correctly remove the slides (they are not fixed in just resting and may contain coins) one at a time removing their retaining springs one at a time. Clean and polish them ,but do NOT oil them and replace in the same order. The machine will now payout correctly as long as all the other springs and levers are in place.
Although not a rare machine it is a little unusual that it has a token payout system(providing its still in there) I think the pull arm is not original and the machine is nearer to 1960 but I'm in the UK and I could be wrong.
coppinpr

Return to Pictures