What can you guess the serial number is???

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

What can you guess the serial number is???

Postby Mendozaco » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm restoring a 1947 Mills Golden Falls and i can't determine what is the serial number on this label.

What is your best guess? Any takers?

thanks.
Attachments
1946 Golden Falls .jpg
1946 Mills Golden Falls
Serial Number Whata.jpg
Serial Number label
Mendozaco

Re: What can you guess the serial number is???

Postby WS65711 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:57 pm

WS65711

Postby bakerb95619 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Looks like 524778 to me. Not sure if it will help but maybe try a blacklight?
bakerb95619

Postby marsonion » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm coming up with 524776 too, but not gonna argue that last digit couldn't be an 8.

On another thread that seems to have half-disappeared, Mendozaco asks about a malfunction in which every pull results in a 2-coin payout, and what does that have to do with the horizontal fingers--? That's never happened to me (never been that lucky) but I think it was Dave who explained that stuck horizontal fingers (the stack of thin horizontal levers at the extreme bottom left of the mech when viewed from the rear, just to the inside of the coin slides) can put the cycle in perpetual payout mode. In this case, it must be the lowest finger that is stuck or bent in the same direction as the vertical finger nudges it on a payout. Check on that and take whatever corrective action is required: lube or pliers. There is also a remote possibility that the associated vertical finger is bent, broken or shorted in such a way that it behaves as if it found a hole in the payout wheel whether it does or not; again, that's never happened to me, but such a situation is very slightly possible... I think.
marsonion

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:02 am

Hi Alex:
I have looked at your pix at all sizes & angles, and have come up with the same 524776 number that marsonion did. That last number is definately not an 8. At first, I thought I saw a shadow of an additional washed-out number after the 6, but it was lower than the rest, so ruled it out. All of my serial number listings, are in my office files, where I will not be for a few more days, but will check when I return, to see where this number fits into the range for this model.
Cheers, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Mendozaco » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

I Agree the serial number is 524776. Slot Dynasty keep me updated with regards to the range for this serial number and the model.

Thanks.

Alex. Mendoza
Mendozaco

Postby mtstanley » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:56 am

I enhanced using photoshop, maybe it is a little clearer
Attachments
number.jpg
I enhanced using photoshop, maybe it is a little clearer
mtstanley

Return to Pictures