Mills Extraordinary Console

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Mills Extraordinary Console

Postby Estrozyk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:44 pm

I inherited this slot machine when my grandma passed away in January 2011. She was a high end antique dealer and this was in her basement bar/game room. I have a lot of fond memories of this machine as we used to play with it a lot when we were younger. I'm hoping someone here can help me get a little more information on what I have, i.e. value, rarity, history. I'd love to have it lightly restored and put it in my game room at our house. I done plan on ever getting rid of this.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Estrozyk

Re: Mills Extraordinary Console

Postby radiorich123 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:34 am

Nice mills slot. Looks like it was made in 1946 and its a nice 25 cent play.I would think your slot is worth 1500 to 2000 dollars. I can restore or freshen it up for you. I am located in New Jersey.
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby watlingboy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:04 am

Nice machine. I think you would be making a mistake to restore it. Castings are nice and should be only cleaned with soap and water, not repainted. A qualfied furniture restorer can freshen up the case and make it look nice without looking completely restored. Unfortunately too much of this stuff is being restored and a lot restored improperly. If it was a piece of art you wouldn't be repainting the entire picture. Restore the pieces that have to be restored and preserve the nice original ones. Once you've restored it, you casn't go back.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby Estrozyk » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 am

I think that's what I'll do is get the wood brought back to life and make sure the internals are working correctly and leave it at that. The top glass is cracked so I'll replace that too. Thanks for the responses!!!
Estrozyk

Postby TJ » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Your best advice comes from Watlingboy, a very knowledgeable and respected person in the coin-op field. Keep your machine as original as possible. As for value it comes down to what you are willing to let it go for and what someone is willing to pay. I have a few similar machines, one of them in the 50 cent coinage, and would not let it go for 1500 to 2000. Quarters are more easily accumulated so they are more popular. Our Southern California club is named A.C.M.C.A. visit our web site you might like to join. T.J.
TJ

Postby Jackpot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:27 pm

TJ wrote:Your best advice comes from Watlingboy, a very knowledgeable and respected person in the coin-op field. Keep your machine as original as possible. As for value it comes down to what you are willing to let it go for and what someone is willing to pay. I have a few similar machines, one of them in the 50 cent coinage, and would not let it go for 1500 to 2000. Quarters are more easily accumulated so they are more popular. Our Southern California club is named A.C.M.C.A. visit our web site you might like to join. T.J.

I fully agree with this, I don't like machines that are over restored, it takes years to age a machine so it looks antique like it should be, why ruin that, you can't make this real antique look, the machine earned this look over many years of time. What is the web address of this club? My web site is http://www.coinslots.com, and we also have a forum, it would be nice to see you post your club there in our forum, so people can join. :wink: :wink:
Thank You
Jackpot
I Buy-sell-trade coin op's. I also have some later model slot parts. There are piles of manuals at:
http://coinslots.com/page21.html
Jackpot

Postby youngjedi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 pm

My friend and i own a company called C&A Slot Restorations and we agree with watling boy as well. It's a great looking machine as is. If the machine plays well...leave it be. As for the console, any small cosmetics can easily be fixed with light sanding, matching the stain, and a semi gloss varithane.

I personally would leave it alone due to it's character.

Quick maintenance tip....never spray wd40 to lube the machine. It's alcohol based and will cause problems down the road. If you feel something is sticking or needs lube, clean the area with paper towel and laquer thinner and re lube with either a light petroleum grease or light oil such as zoom spout. Do not lube the coin slides. Do not oil the reels.

Nice machine!
youngjedi

Return to Pictures