Mills high top Bonus

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Mills high top Bonus

Postby oldslotman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:26 pm

What's a good price for a slot machine like this? Everything works as it should. Replacement reel strips and a repro coin entry and payout plaque.
Attachments
IMG_0655.JPG
oldslotman

Re: Mills high top Bonus

Postby flipper77 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:55 pm

First - a really neat machine and fun to play. I have a dime Hightop Bonus and one of my favorites to play. And when friends are over, the one they always want to play. Hitting the BONUS or just watching the BONUS letters pop up is inviting. Now I seem to get in trouble estimating value - folks like to think their machines are "treasures" so please don't think I am being rude. My BONUS went unsold on eBay as it needed work (easy fix turns out) - was asking $1500 and I bought for less in January 2012. So one true data point. Yours is repainted nicely it appears but not in the original original colors. The High Top Bonus purple, gold and green are difficult colors to redo. I looked at a nickel High Top Bonus at a Chicagoland show before buying mine and dealer was asking $1800 (think he would have come down if I had made an offer). So in that range. Here is picture of mine to show original colors. Good luck - they are fun machines!

Flip
Attachments
002.JPG
flipper77

Re: Mills high top Bonus

Postby oldslotman » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:58 pm

flipper77 wrote:First - a really neat machine and fun to play. I have a dime Hightop Bonus and one of my favorites to play. And when friends are over, the one they always want to play. Hitting the BONUS or just watching the BONUS letters pop up is inviting. Now I seem to get in trouble estimating value - folks like to think their machines are "treasures" so please don't think I am being rude. My BONUS went unsold on eBay as it needed work (easy fix turns out) - was asking $1500 and I bought for less in January 2012. So one true data point. Yours is repainted nicely it appears but not in the original original colors. The High Top Bonus purple, gold and green are difficult colors to redo. I looked at a nickel High Top Bonus at a Chicagoland show before buying mine and dealer was asking $1800 (think he would have come down if I had made an offer). So in that range. Here is picture of mine to show original colors. Good luck - they are fun machines!

Flip

In no way do I think it is a treasure. You're right, they are a fun machine to play. I picked this one up for $1000.00 but it was trashed pretty good. Just about all there, just needed a complete overhaul. I really didn't care for the original paint colors , so I took alittle liberty and painted it in a different way. I plan on keeping it, I don't look at it as an investment, just a hobby to have fun with. The grandkids have a ball playing it. Thanks for your reply and thoughts.
oldslotman

Return to Pictures