Jennings Gooseneck Revamp

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Jennings Gooseneck Revamp

Postby RameGoom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:17 pm

With Pace Twin-Jackpot added. I'm pretty sure this was a common practice in the 30's, makes the slot more attractive. 20 symbols on each strip, but only 10 stops on each reel, so the odds of winning anything are pretty slim. So *that's* how they did it!
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Jennings Gooseneck Revamp

Postby ReneRondeau » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Here's an earlier revamp by Silver King, retaining the old future pay instruction plate and mechanism, and mint dispenser. Also 20 symbols but 10 stops. This one really got around the law with a decal in the reel window stressing that it is "positively a legal vending machine" with "all taxes paid."
Attachments
DSCN2763.jpg
ReneRondeau

Postby RameGoom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:13 am

Is that glass curved around the reels? Somewhere along the line, they must've made it flat like my machine. Otherwise, looks very similar on the upper half.

I did find some levers inside my machine that would appear to control a vender add-on, and connected to nothing. I was thinking of taking them out, but they didn't seem to affect anything, so I left them attached. Seems there's not a lot of printed matter available for these machines.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby ReneRondeau » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 am

Yes, the original incarnation had curved dome with curved glass. Silver King's casting is just like Jennings' except that they added their name. I'm sure that as they modernized the design of the exterior they realized it would cost a lot less to use flat glass and just reform the casting accordingly.
ReneRondeau

Return to Pictures