jackpot realise trap

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

jackpot realise trap

Postby melkiefert » Tue May 28, 2013 9:56 pm

I have a working mills slot machine (bursting cherries) I hit the jackpot and now the trap door is stuck open and wont fill back up with nickel's any ideas would help also does it look like a reproduction or a real one?
Attachments
IMG_0261.JPG
melkiefert

Re: jackpot realise trap

Postby TheFatman » Wed May 29, 2013 4:04 am

Could be that the reset arm by the payout slides is not making full contact with the jackpot mech. You can remove the small door to the right of it and replace the mech and watch it as you pull the handle. Also.... could just need to be lubricated. The small arms often get locked up with old grease in time.

Dave
TheFatman

Postby melkiefert » Wed May 29, 2013 7:38 am

How can I open the door on the side?
melkiefert

Re: jackpot release trap

Postby TJ » Wed May 29, 2013 11:43 am

Pull the mechanism out and reset the jackpot by hand and trip it a few times to see how it works. If it is all there it is a simple but exciting little mechanical device. These guys were very clever. Be careful do not bend anything unnecessarily.
TJ

Postby Dave » Wed May 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Sine the jackpot does not get cycled very often it is common to be all gummed up. If the latch that hold thwack pot release does not freely move then the jackpot will not reset properly.

If this is the case just force the latch down by hand. The other alternative is to take it apart and clean it up. Putting it back together can be tricky if you have never done it before.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed May 29, 2013 1:39 pm

melkiefert wrote:How can I open the door on the side?

There are two screws on the inside of the case that hold the jackpot inspection plate on place.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby terick2104 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 pm

If the jack pot trip arms are gummy, try spraying them with carburator cleaner and work them back and forth to free them up.
terick2104

Postby melkiefert » Wed May 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Dose anyone have a pic of the arms u are talking about so I can see what and where the arms are and try to figure this out
melkiefert

Postby oldslotman » Wed May 29, 2013 4:34 pm

It is also possible that the jackpot was installed wrong. There is one lever , that operates the reserve jackpot, that has to be in the correct position when the jackpot is reinstalled.
oldslotman

Postby TheFatman » Wed May 29, 2013 5:03 pm

I will be adding a brief description and picture of what the basic levers do and how they look so you can find them.

OK ... I am back with it

The JP gets hit and the door opens to dump the coins in the window. The next pull of he handle will shut the door, trip the escrow to dump coins into the JP window and then it locks the escrow so it will fill back up . People did not want to play a machine with an empty JP window.
I hope this helps you. Make sure that all the levers move freely. If not. mineral spirits is what I have used to free the old grease.
Attachments
DSCN0009.JPG
This is the best I have at this time
TheFatman

Next

Return to Pictures