daval tally

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Re: daval tally

Postby wdjs » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:34 pm

Bill
The serial # is 5792,it has #s on the reel and takes nickels. The paint was blue and orange but was a different shade from what was underneath. Looked like they used a paint brush and possibly some help from a child. The only thing its missing is the swivel plate so if you know where to get one please let me know. It had some rust inside and some really old gum residue. I have it completely dismantled and polished ready for paint. Twenty hours so far. Thanks for your help.
Bill
Attachments
picture008.jpg
picture007.jpg
wdjs

Postby altort » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Here are some pictures of my tally when I first got it, original colors but not much paint left, the front cash door in the picture is a reproduction, but the previous owner eventually found the original door and gave it to me, it was painted.
Attachments
tally2.jpg
tally3.jpg
tally4.jpg
tally5.jpg
altort

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi Bill:
Thanks for the serial and other info. On the colors, you are saying blue and orange. So there was no tan?
This tread has opened up more research for the Tally than I was expecting. It's amazing how many variations that many models came in.
Regarding Daval, there is one machine that you could make an entire collection of, and that's the "Chicago Club House". They came in a
multitude of configurations. Sometime I will cover all this, if anyone cares to hear. I did do an article in Coin Slot, back in the 80's, that
covered most "C.C.H." models, but not every variation and detail was shown.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby altort » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Here is the machine after a complete restoration, the colors are very close to the originals just a few shades different, it has numbers on the reels, gumball sight glass, it plays on a penny with red tag, and serial number is 5995.

Oh and Bill, on one of our past chats you had asked me for serial numbers to some of my machines, sorry that I never got around to sending them to you, I cant remember exactly witch machines you were interested in the serial numbers from, I am in between projects right now and I can defenataly get them to you.
Al
Attachments
tally6.jpg
tallt1.jpg
tally7.jpg
altort

Previous

Return to Pictures