Slot Machine Help

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Slot Machine Help

Postby belk50 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum. I need a little advice, I know NOTHING about vintage slots and have the opportunity to pick this one up. Any information would be helpful; age, facts, verification of its authenticity (I did not realize these were faked), model, aprox value (it works great!) etc. I wan't to purchase this for my office, I thought it was really cool looking. THANKS!
Attachments
Image 8.jpg
Image 7.jpg
Image 6.jpg
belk50

Re: Slot Machine Help

Postby TheFatman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Doesn't look original to me. Missing the steel liner plates in the cabinet so probably not an original cabinet. Most of the mech looks to be good but who knows about the jackpot too. Looks to be not there so I dont think as a collector I would be interested in this machine at all. But for a show piece that no one who knows about slots would look at, it might be alright for a display. Could be used as an example of "pretty to look at but not much as an investment"
TheFatman

Postby TheFatman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:46 pm

There is also no cash box or divider in the bottom and no pneumatic piston in the bottom to slow the handle return. Unless you are not buying this to start collecting or investing or get it really really cheap, I would stay away. Might not be even legal in your state because it is mostly new.
TheFatman

Postby oldslotman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Looks like a machine that someone made up with spare parts and reproduction parts.
oldslotman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am

Brand new case. No anti-drill inner plates. No divider on bottom. No piston. No coin box. Guaranteed Jackpot, therefore no operating jackpot mechanism.
'Single cherry pay - stay away'. Who knows what else is missing or incorrect in the mechanism. Many different High Top models have been reproduced.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Ken Layton » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Yeh, looking at the pictures of the front I see the famous single cherry pay. Definitely a machine that's been kludged together. I would stay away.
Ken Layton

Return to Pictures