Mills Castle front project

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Mills Castle front project

Postby damikeguy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 pm

I finally got it finished. My first machine in just over 30 years. All original. Just had to replace the glass, reel strips, award card and about 6 springs. Thanks for all the help from everyone. :D On to the Watling next.
Attachments
IMG_2256.jpg
It had some paint on it.
IMG_2391.jpg
It was a little rusted and gunked up.
IMG_4289.jpg
Mech. cleaned up nice.
IMG_2543.jpg
Mike
damikeguy

Re: Mills Castle front project

Postby randyjaco » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Very nice.

Randy
"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)
randyjaco

Postby TheFatman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Nice job. If you find an original reel casting along with the bonnet and back door to another one, let me know. I have everything else to rebuild the one I have. Wish I knew where the other parts went to.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby oldslotman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Very nice. Looks great
oldslotman

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:19 pm

LOOKS GREAT!
SUPER JOB!
Midcoast Vintage

Postby minneapolisslot » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 pm

How did you clean the mechanism and did it take long? Looks great.
minneapolisslot

Postby TheFatman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:08 am

I also agree that you did a great job on cleaning it. I am still looking for the castings to finish mine.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby damikeguy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:29 am

To clean the mechanism I just disassembled the whole thing, degreased all parts, glass bead blasted them, polished them some with a small wire wheel and then painted them with a clear lacquer. Just like Dave :D . It did take some time but I was recovering from back surgery and had that sit down time available to me. I enjoy this hobby. I could spend 8 + hours a day working on slots. And I plan on doing just that once I retire in about 7,760 days 3 hours and 25 minutes. I will keep an eye out for your needed castings Dave F. Thanks again for all the great comments from everyone on the finish product. It means a lot to me coming from all of the experts that have been in this hobby for so long.
I am also always on the lookout for any good project machines. I am down to two project machines . I just noticed a Mills poinsettia on Flebay. Any thoughts or concerns? Missing lock, replaced reel strips and award card. It needs some elbow grease and paint. I’m thinking it worth around $850.00 I can pick up. Its local for me. Am I way off in the price?
Mike
damikeguy

Return to Pictures