Little Duke *Renovated*

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Little Duke *Renovated*

Postby RameGoom » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:26 pm

I bought this machine from an estate where it was in its family for many years. My first knee-jerk was to completely disassemble it, replate and re-polish everything, bead blast every part inside, and replace the strips and everything else I could. Well, after becoming "educated" from the experts here on the forum, I went another route. Apparently, it was an exceptionally clean, "all there" machine that didn't warrant a complete restoration. So, I renovated it, taking heed to the advice of the pro's. Here is what I now have. And it works flawlessly. I left the original paint and patina, very slightly cleaning the outside castings and wood cabinet. Changed the payout card to a repro (original was in bad shape). I had to modify an arm that controls spin time vs. stop time, otherwise, all works correctly. Setting the reels after being disassembled was a bear though. Image
Last edited by RameGoom on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Little Duke *Renovated*

Postby RameGoom » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Two mod's I needed to do to get the machine operating correctly. Also, I lubed rotating parts of the reels with graphite lube - oil wouldn't work properly.

Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:45 pm

looks great!~
thank you for preserving a survivor.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby TheFatman » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:14 pm

My hats off to you. Great looking machine and what wonderful ideas to help operating arms that are " wallerd out" great jobof adding weld and grinding. Love to see this ... says almost everything, can be repaired and not replaced.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby WikiSlots » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:37 pm

I am so incredibly humbled looking at this. Truly amazing work. You should be very proud. It turned out fantastic. -Dave =D> =D> =D>
WikiSlots

Postby MJFHouston » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Incredible job, That's how I love to see a slot machine.. All Original
MJFHouston

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:58 am

Wow! This is what I love to see, and is proof, that this Forum has kept many collectors on the right track,
as far as preserving survivors, without turning it into a 'too shiny', and 'over-painted' disaster. The original
paint colors, are spot-on, and in excellent condition. I have seen some that have been repainted with the
incorrect colors, and do not resemble the original look at all.
I have had one of this same model, for many years, which was in the same original state as this one is, and
have never touched it. Only difference, is that my award card was good, and it has the side gum vender. I
think it's time to do a bit of cleaning on mine, after seeing this, as it has gotten rather dull looking lately.
You have done a fine job with your cleaning, and repairs. Keep up the good work. =D>
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Pictures