Bug

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Bug

Postby damikeguy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:05 pm

I found my first bug. A Watling 5 cent fancy front. They blocked one of the cherry's on the first reel. What surprised me was they didn't cover the cherry with a sticker.
Attachments
IMG_0301.JPG
Mike
damikeguy

Re: Bug

Postby TheFatman » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:14 pm

As far as I know ... the bugs I have found ... seen ... are the ones that allow thae machine to have the correct symbols in position. What the bug did was to allow the index disc or reel disk, to slide over the bug and go to the next symbol. What I feel you have found, is a machine that either had a different reel strip on it. But probably, one that was blocked for the symbol and a lemon put in its place that has since been removed. Do a search for slot machine honest abe and you will see what the most common of bugs look like. Thats what a certain style bug was called ... ironic aint it?
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby damikeguy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks TheFatman,
I need to check the rest of the reel bundle and look for more like it. The thing is it has the original metal reel strips?? Next time I have time to play and not work I will check it out and get back with you. Im going to be busy this weekend at the Chicago Coin OP Show. Need to look for another project machine or two, some parts and hopefully a nice treasury or Lion Head.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby TheFatman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Be sure to check the serials if your really interested in getting another machine or two at the show. There are quite a few pieced together machines out there. It all depends on what is imortaint to you. I like finding the old "barn finds" that are complete and all matching #s and has no attempts at restoring ... but those are few and hard to find. Good luck at the show .... stay away from the LV butcher.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:12 pm

damikeguy wrote:Thanks TheFatman,
I need to check the rest of the reel bundle and look for more like it. The thing is it has the original metal reel strips?? Next time I have time to play and not work I will check it out and get back with you. Im going to be busy this weekend at the Chicago Coin OP Show. Need to look for another project machine or two, some parts and hopefully a nice treasury or Lion Head.

Mike:
Good luck at the Chicago show, but just remember, both "Treasury" & "Lion Head" machines,
have been highly Reproduced, for many years. As mentioned before, always check for serials.
Also, from what I have heard, the Vegas Butcher is not setting up at this show. Hmmm?
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Pictures