Couple of machines to share

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Couple of machines to share

Postby Richard13 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Here is a photo of my first attempt to restore a slot machine. It took me a couple of months to strip it and blast
some of the internals and I actually electo zink plated those same internals too.

Here is a photo of my grandfathers machine I grew up with 55 years ago. My brother is shipping it to me later this month because I love them so much. I replaced the award card and some glass when
My father had it 25 years ago but that's it nothing has been done to it since David Rockola gave it to my grandfather decades ago. They used to play cards together, I also got the Rockola 30 caliber carbine grandpa somehow acquired probably drew to an inside straight lol.

image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Re: Couple of machines to share

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Richard:
Nice to hear stories of machines that have been kept in families, and handed down over the years.
It doesn't happen very often. The saddest story of all, is when Marsh Fey sent all of his Fey collection
to a museum, and all the Fey duplicates, and all other machines went to auction, in July 2006, because
no one else in the family cared a thing about continuing on with the legacy that his Grandfather Charles
had started, and his Father Ed continued, before Marsh took over the duties. What a shame to see such
a historical gathering stop so abruptly. During the time that Marsh was the curator, He had even turned
up Fey machines that hadn't been discovered previously. Maybe somewhere down the road, the family
children will have second-thoughts, and try to recover some of the loss, and continue on, but I doubt it.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: Couple of machines to share

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Hello Richard;
nice machine , have the same one....
yes I agree, it's nice to hear it got passed down in the family.
Jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to Pictures