silver king gum machine?

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

silver king gum machine?

Postby captainq » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Has anyone seen this gum machine with the funky glass globe before
gum machine.jpg
captainq

SILVER KING

Postby radiorich123 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Never seen it. Must be a joke.

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Re: silver king gum machine?

Postby MikeB » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:17 pm

captainq wrote:Has anyone seen this gum machine with the funky glass globe before
gum machine.jpg

Looks like an old orange juice carafe to me...
MikeB

Postby Richard13 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:21 pm

Looks like it fits good fill it with xmas lights and call it good lol. Never seen one like that but now that you mention the juice carafe I'm thirsty.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:20 am

Sorry, I'm not into gum ball machines.... but the glass globe looks like an older glass jar for Orange juice, back in the 1970's.
If you can take the top metal cap off, see if it has a groove for a metal screw on cap.

Now , I hope it's not, I could be totally wrong !!! or it is just that ,AND was used by this company for exactly as we see it.

has to be an expert here in this forum (& not a moron like me ). And yes, I really want to know the answer my self. neat looking regardless !!
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby captainq » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:37 am

Took cap off, no groove, both top and bottom of the glass are smooth and a rubber gasket between base and the top
captainq

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:52 pm

captainq wrote:Took cap off, no groove, both top and bottom of the glass are smooth and a rubber gasket between base and the top

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. As much as it looks like an orange juice bottle, someone would have had to
take the bottle to a professional glass cutting shop, to have the bottom cut off, so it could vend the contents.
Besides, where does the post down the center go? #-o All-in-all, it still is a strange glass, that I don't ever
remember seeing in the past.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Richard13 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:19 pm

I'm dating myself with this post but oh contrair (I know spelled wrong) on the professional glass cutter! Back in the wild 70's when sex was safe and driving fast was dangerous it was all the rage to have a bottle cutter to back off wine bottles or other round glass containers to make into drinking glasses. I'm sure some of you old guys will remember this after a while!

I would hang around the country club (no not a member) I was a kid on a bicycle) on Saturday mornings and pick through the glass bottles until I would get a case or two of matching bottles to make into tall green glasses. Lol I think my mother still has some of them they were tough thick glass!

A juice bottle could easily be cut to size with the cheap cutting unit. Just took forever to sand down and smooth off the cut.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby drishoff » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:35 pm

Here some of those cut bottles from the 30's

IMG_6431.JPG
drishoff

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:54 am

yep.... a juice jar. wait for it ......

I'm not totally stupid..... jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Next