lion head finally repainted

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

lion head finally repainted

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 am

Hello; bought a 1931 lion head awhile back. 100 % complete, except cash box. first saw it , then it went away , took me a month or so to see it again & I bought it.
sat on an end table in a bed room for 30 years untouched. original owner bought it shortly after getting married in Illinois back in the 1950's. him or the wife thought the colors were to gaudy , so they striped that all off & painted it all gold.
award card not on it yet ,as I miss placed it. but different than the typical type you see used & dated 32.
took a long while to repaint it by hand. the colors I picked never seemed right , so bought more yellows & reds. any how , turned out very well, just took to long.
first image as I got it.
jeff H.
Attachments
my lion head as bought..JPG
lion head new paint 1.JPG
JHSS-1944

Re: lion head finally repainted

Postby Richard13 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:19 am

Wow lots of work there and it shows off great! What color yellow is that and brand and where did you get it I like that and would buy some to have on hand instead of trying to mix it again.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Re: lion head finally repainted

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:52 pm

thank you for the comments
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to Pictures