Mills Vest Pocket - 2 different machines?

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Mills Vest Pocket - 2 different machines?

Postby bell » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I have two vest pocket machines.
One from my Dad and one I bought for parts. Interestingly, they have slight differences.
Most notably, my dads machine has a corner notch and a counter that goes to 9.
The other machine has no notch and no counter.
Both payout doorsshow 20 and neither says “PLUS”.
Anyone familiar with this?
(The parts machine has no serial number)

2 Photos attached
Attachments
E6439EFE-BFAF-414D-9F10-C06275723D87.jpeg
Dad’s machine
59B32ECD-F9D7-42DC-BDDC-493F1253F2D3.jpeg
Parts machine
JBell
bell

Re: Mills Vest Pocket - 2 different machines?

Postby JPCass » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:22 pm

What's the serial number on the one with the rounded corner? I'm guessing it's an early one.

When I have a chance in the next few days, I'll post some pictures of the same end of a pair of VPs with serial numbers right around 42,000 - though one has a unnumbered mechanism that has to be a swap, because the mechanism is exactly like that with the counter, but what appears to be the original award card isn't for a Plus. Interestingly, the other one has the same notch, but doesn't have the screw holes for the counter matching bracket, making it not interchangeable, which surprises me.

Oh, and does anyone who's reading this know if repro Plus award cards are available, or if not, who'd be most likely to have an original?
Restored Mills 5c Extraordinary "barn find", long gone - now restoring 1934 5c Extraordinary Gold Award with original World's Fair reel strips
Restoring early Mills 5c Firebird (large coin view window)
About to take on a Mills 5c Vest Pocket
JPCass

Return to Pictures