September, 1985 article discusses reproduction slots & more

This is the place to post any type of article related to coin operated machines.

September, 1985 article discusses reproduction slots & more

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:18 am

Top picture is actually the last page.
img335.jpg
The problem of reproduction slot machines is nothing new.
Below in an article from the September, 1985 issue of "MECHANICAL MARVEL MARKETPLACE" discussing reproductions, and, other various isssues about the slot machine hobby.
I have broken the article into a few scans so it will reproduce large enough to read.
To enlarge and make readable, click on the pictures.
Attachments
img328.jpg
img331.jpg
img332.jpg
img333.jpg
img334.jpg
Last edited by Midcoast Vintage on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midcoast Vintage

Re: September, 1985 article discusses reproduction slots & m

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:36 am

Nice Post! =D>
Which brings to mind: I am going to start digging out some of the 'Old Rags', and do a lot of Re-Reading. :D
I have every issue of every Rag, so I gots-o-lot-o-readin to do. When am I going to start? Hmmm! #-o
Hopefully I can become a bit smarter, as there is much I have forgotten about. "Don't get Old"!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mechanic » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:22 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Nice Post! =D>
Which brings to mind: I am going to start digging out some of the 'Old Rags', and do a lot of Re-Reading. :D
I have every issue of every Rag, so I gots-o-lot-o-readin to do. When am I going to start? Hmmm! #-o
Hopefully I can become a bit smarter, as there is much I have forgotten about. "Don't get Old"!

HMMMMMMMM !!!
mechanic

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Very good post.

Pretty much everything that applied in 1985 applies today.

When I bought the digital version of Loose Change there were some articles about reproductions as well.

What was really strange was an article about Royal Bell and it was a very positive article. It even showed a row of fake Rol-A-Tops that they were making. I thought it was strange for Loose Change to be supporting the people who did this.

I think later one the folks who published Loose Change and Royal Bell had a falling out.

COCA should reprint the above article.
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Articles