Buckley Digger

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Buckley Digger

Postby sam2002 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Hello to all . A big shout out to Dave and this forum , without which this project machine would never have come back to life . Through the resources found on this forum it has allowed another great machine a second chance on life !
Gamblingman much gratitude to you without your help this may have set on the work bench indefinitely , you my friend are a true gentleman !You were able to walk me through this project each step , thank you so much for your time .
Dave this site is a great resource thank you for providing this public forum .
The Buckley was inoperable when found , it now works effortlessly .
Here are a few pics of my new baby !
Attachments
001.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
sam2002

Re: Buckley Digger

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:05 pm

The machine looks like it really turned out nice!

Glad the forum and our members were able to help you out.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby gamblingman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Glad I could help. Love seeing these old Diggers come back to life. I am just finishing another Buckley Jewel Box, and then on to an early Mutoscope that is going to be sweet when done.
gamblingman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 am

Hi Sam:
Your Digger really turned out super. Is this the model that Buckley calls the "Chicago Hotel"?
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby sam2002 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:33 pm

Gamblingman cant wait to see your projects come about ,

Slot Dynasty I believe the is digger is called the Buckley Deluxe

Thanks for all the compliments now onto a Mills skyscraper
sam2002

Postby gamblingman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:54 pm

You are correct, it is the Deluxe. I think a lot of folks referred to them as the "hotel" because that is where a lot of them were placed....in hotels and finer establishments. So sad to see so few of them survive intact. Most of the heavy metal tops and bases were scrapped during the metal drives. I've said many times over how the engineers that conceived these mechanisms (slots included) were definitely evil geniuses! So simple, yet so complex......a lot art form in a kind of twisted way. I would rather work on 100 of these mechanical beasts, than one of the electronic versions today. Nice job Sam....even though you did put half of California in blackout status with the initial wiring attempt! lol
gamblingman

Postby gamblingman » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 am

Finishing up the Jewel Box and an early Electric Travelling Crane. Just found 4 more diggers in a basement in New York.......2 Yankees, a Mutoscope Travelling Crane, and a Star Hoist. Now just waiting for the snow to melt so I can make the road trip!
Attachments
Muto2.jpg
Jewel 2.jpg
gamblingman

Postby sam2002 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:49 am

Joe
Diggers really look nice . A ton of work must have been keeping you quite busy and you still have time to find more projects . Mutoscope crane looks really elaborate with all those chains and weights .
sam2002

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:21 pm

gamblingman wrote:Finishing up the Jewel Box and an early Electric Travelling Crane. Just found 4 more diggers in a basement in New York.......2 Yankees, a Mutoscope Travelling Crane, and a Star Hoist. Now just waiting for the snow to melt so I can make the road trip!

Nice restorations on the Buckley & Muto shown here. Always enjoy seeing your projects.
Because of you, and a couple of others, I have devoted a folder in my vast coin-op photo
files for Diggers. I had a couple many years ago, but never really got into them, as I had
more interest in the slot machines, and way too much work, to focus on things I knew far
less about. Will be looking forward to seeing B & A pix, of your recent NY basement find.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby gamblingman » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks guys, here are a few shots of what I started with. The Mutoscope was a find in good shape, the Buckley...not so much after sitting in the CA desert all of those years.
Attachments
Buckley Before 2.jpg
Buckley Before.jpg
Muto Before.jpg
gamblingman

Next

Return to Pictures