Weird peo machine

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Weird peo machine

Postby Billyzap » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Has anybody seen a peo machine with a poker theme to it? It is similar in size and shape to the machine pictured in Bueshel's guide to vintage trade stimulators. And counter games on page 171.... Has a marquee and decal attached to it just like the pictured machine but mine says poker on it plus the play field is laid out the same. Cabinet is metal.
Any help with this one?
Billyzap

Re: Weird peo machine

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:16 am

Billyzap:
Even though the majority of these Whirlball & Flipball games were made by Pace and Peo, there were many knock-offs
by several other builders. If you are referring to the machine on page 173, (bottom left), yes there was a model that had
a tin marquee, with just the word "Poker" on it, but I have no literature identifying that variation as a Peo. All cases are
steel, and all Pace models have a wood top & bottom. Some Peo's have either wood, or steel top & bottom. Many of the
all steel cases, are the knock-off versions, and do not have any indication as to who may have made it. If fact, many of
the Pace & Peo machines do not have mfr. info, other than casting letters to go by. There are also models that have a flat
steel front, instead of a casting. Peo and the others did this on many, but there are Pace models with it as well. Genco Inc.
was one of the companies that produced models that were all steel. No castings, except for small mechanism parts, handle,
etc. There are many of the variations that I have not been able to identify as yet, so I just list them with either of the two
major producers, depending on the similarity of features. Those will never be carved-in-stone, until I run across original
advertising, to tell me different. There are many models that use the same play-field casting & graphics, like the one in
question here, but if you put them side-by-side, you will see slight differences in the printed play-fields.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby gamblingman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:06 am

I have an old Peo machine that I tore down to start re-finishing due to the copious amounts of rust and corrosion from sitting in a dirt barn floor for many years. At any rate, they are extremely hard to make out, but the symbols for each slot are card faces, so I am assuming it may be a poker game? The wood top and bottom are in really bad shape, and there is very little left of the decals. No marquee that says Poker anywhere. Pretty sure it is a Peo, based on others I have. Does anyone re-produce the wood or the decals for these?

Joe
Last edited by gamblingman on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
gamblingman

Postby Billyzap » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:15 am

No my machine looks like the one on page 171 bottom of page in the middle. I am going to post a picture when I get to my shop later today. And if joe could do the same it would be interesting to compare. The decal on mine real resembles the same graphics as the machine in Mr.Bueshels book.
Billyzap

Postby gamblingman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:01 am

I'm not sure if I can get close enough for a legible pic, but I will give it a try.
gamblingman

Postby Anglobritish » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:14 am

Guy's,
We covered this a few months ago, without going over this again, surely it would be better to check what was discussed at that time. Peo licensed several companies including Pace, Gottlieb, Keeney and Genco, the latter made several version's with various themes including Poker.
Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Return to Fantastic Finds