Caille Superior PROTOTYPE???

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Re: Caille Superior PROTOTYPE???

Postby MaverickPT » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Well, i was told that when the handle is in the lowest position in play cycle, the main shaft tip should slip and the machine would cycle.

here are some photos that tells shows that mine doesnt. It doesnt slip!!
It arms....but doesnt slip and the handle cant go lower.
Attachments
20160202_145447 [Mess].jpg
TOP HANDLE POSITION
20160202_145507 [Mess].jpg
BOTTOM HADLE POSITION
MaverickPT

Postby altort » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:45 pm

The trip arm should go up higher something is not hooked up right or there is part of the mech that is keeping it fvrom completing it's full cycle, these are some pictures of one of my Cailles un wound and after it kicked, as you can see there are many differences between my mech and yours typical of cailles.
Attachments
fc.jpg
fc1.jpg
altort

Postby altort » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:02 pm

As far as your other issue with the kicker, these are pictures of one of mine, you can see in the fist picture the hook shape part right behind the plum on the third reel, that part engages the reel disks as the mech is cycled holding the reels from spinning, the kicker will now load up with the spring tension instead of just flopping forwards like yours is doing, as the operating fork snaps back that hook shaped part releases the disks and only then the kicker should move forwards sending the reels spinning.

Now there are several different stile mechs with different components that perform the job of holding the reel disks.
Attachments
fc2.jpg
fc3.jpg
altort

Postby altort » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:28 pm

This is an other mech that I restored a wile back, as you can see totally different from the first probably closer to what you have, I no longer have this mech to take better pictures for you but hopefully the ones I posted will help.

On this mech that saddle on the upper side with the spring is what holds the reel dicks, once again behind the plum on the third reel you can see the arm off of the saddle that will engage to the reel disks, the other picture shows how that saddle inter acts with the operating fork.
Attachments
fc4.jpg
fc5.jpg
altort

Postby mechanic » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Fernando The picture you posted has a large spring above the bar you are using to cycle the machine. This spring does not belong where it is!!! Completely remove the large spring and try to cycle the machine. I see on another pic that the back spin release lever next to the upper fingers is missing the link that goes through the small hole on the back spin bracket, or it's another variation. The reel kick is too far forward. It should be almost to the back of the upper fingers same place as the reel stops go in relation to each other. Later Jim
mechanic

Postby mechanic » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:18 pm

I noticed your machine has a long spring also. This is a wrong spring. Look at the pic with the wd-40 can, you should only have the 2 smaller springs. The long one needs to be removed. Get another smaller spring and run it from the U bracket to the hook on the right approx 3-4 CM.
mechanic

Previous

Return to Fantastic Finds