1930' War Eagle (PLEA FOR HELP)

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

1930' War Eagle (PLEA FOR HELP)

Postby collector_pa_v » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but not new to valuable slot machines. Recently, a family member started liquidating the family's valuables including a couple slot machines. The main one in question is a:

1930's Mills WAR EAGLE nickel slot machine

This is complete, fully-working UNRESTORED unit and had been with our family since the late 60's. Serial No: 262727

This item was last sold in Lambertville, NJ for $1800 via eBay. The seller of the item was unwilling to cooperate with anything I proposed, but I'm more than certain it has already changed hands a couple times.

If you were the lucky buyer of this machine, or have it in your possession, I'm willing to pay you $1800 you originally paid plus $500 to get this machine back into our family.

Please take this into consideration, thanks for your time in reading this plea for help.
Last edited by collector_pa_v on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
collector_pa_v

Re: 1930' War Eagle (PLEA FOR HELP)

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi collector_pa_v:
As much as we may be able to help find your machine, there is no guarantee that the owner would be willing to let it
go, if it is a complete original as you describe. Many people have been snookered with repros so much, that they are
tickled-pink when they come upon an original.
First of all, you are describing two entirely different machines. There is no such thing as a HighTop War Eagle. It is
only a Silent Series "War Eagle", which sometimes can be referred to as a HalfTop model, that is in a series of several
other models. If you have a pix of the machine, you can post it here, to better identify. Also, if you know who the eBay
seller was, and the userID of the buyer, I may be able to personally help you, as I have a pretty extensive file on both
seller, and buyer ID's. This info would be best exchanged via my personal e-mail at (slotdynasty@sbcglobal.net).
Regards, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby collector_pa_v » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:47 am

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm aware there is no guarantee I'll get it back and apparently the eBay seller already exchanged money with the buyer so it's as good as gone. I'm hoping the new buy will come across this and be willing to sell it. Perhaps halftop is the correct description, but I'll post pics to confirm. I've already identified the seller of the machine, (ALL DETAILS), and don't need to go any further with it. Really hoping the sale falls through, or I get lucky enough to purchase it back somehow.
Attachments
s-l5005.jpg
s-l5003.jpg
s-l5002.jpg
s-l500.jpg
collector_pa_v

Postby collector_pa_v » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 am

I have more pictures of it in the window of the shop it's currently at. Taunting me. :(
collector_pa_v

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:33 pm

It's not a "Hi Top";
when Slot Dynasty says it's sometimes called a "Half Top", you can bank on it.
Also, he offered to help you find out who the BUYER is (not just the Seller), that's the guy you need to contact.

I remember seeing this machine on Flebay; it really is a very nice original;
hope you get it back.
nvmos2

Postby collector_pa_v » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Correct, it's not a hightop. Yeah it sold same day. :(
collector_pa_v

Postby altort » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry if I am being a little too suspicious, but the story just doesn't add up, if the slot was for sale at a shop in NJ. and as the asking price on ebay states $1800.00 or best offer, witch a best offer was accepted, how could it be that you could not buy it right from the shop as now the seller has to pay ebay and paypal their fees? it would only make economic sense to sell it out of ebay, and you are willing to pay $1800.00 plus $500.00 on top to get the slot? how is it that you could not make a deal with the shop owner?

The pictures that you posted are straight out of the ebay listing, do you have any pictures of this slot in your family possession?

You claim to be familiar with valuable slots but yet you make a big mistake calling the War Eagle a High Top, that is a mistake any one familiar with antique slots would not make.

To many red flags on your post, if you are truly legit I apologize but give us something more believable.
altort

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 am

altort wrote:Sorry if I am being a little too suspicious, but the story just doesn't add up, if the slot was for sale at a shop in NJ. and as the asking price on ebay states $1800.00 or best offer, witch a best offer was accepted, how could it be that you could not buy it right from the shop as now the seller has to pay ebay and paypal their fees? it would only make economic sense to sell it out of ebay, and you are willing to pay $1800.00 plus $500.00 on top to get the slot? how is it that you could not make a deal with the shop owner?

The pictures that you posted are straight out of the ebay listing, do you have any pictures of this slot in your family possession?

You claim to be familiar with valuable slots but yet you make a big mistake calling the War Eagle a High Top, that is a mistake any one familiar with antique slots would not make.

To many red flags on your post, if you are truly legit I apologize but give us something more believable.

Al:
You are absolutely right. "Too many red flags". If the slot supposedly sold in N.J., via eBay, for $1,800, and he was in that shop,
taking the pics we see here, why didn't he just buy it at that time? Never mind the offer of the extra $500. Also, he originally
posted what the serial number was. If the machine was already gone from the family home, how would he know the serial number?
Only a collector might have a list of serials of all their machines. He says that he is "not new to valuable slot machines", so why
would a Family member not converse with him first? Makes no sense! Maybe "Mr. Collector" would care to clear the air? :?
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby collector_pa_v » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:28 am

Allow me to clear the air

Yes I mis-spoke about the high top, I was wrong. We had another high-top "go missing" and I mis-spoke.

Yes, the pictures are from ebay, as they are the only ones I have.

The War Eagle and another machine were in my grandfather's collection since the late 60's. It went missing last year after a family member moved in and starting stealing from my grandmother. It was sold at an an antique store in the same neighborhood. It is no coincidence.

I pestered the owner about the situation to the point they realized I was trying to reclaim something obviously not sold to them legitly. They rather sell to a new owner and not lose their investment.

The shop owner either knew my corrupt family member personally or didn't want to get involved with any authorities. I offered them twice the amount and they refused.

Make sense now?
collector_pa_v

Postby collector_pa_v » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:13 am

More:

The pictures posted are from the latest seller's own ebay ad. I was not the one who took the pictures. The machine sold in less than a day and when I reached out to them I received false stories as to its acquisition by them. They would not sell to me for ANY price.

I strongly they suspect they know what happened and flat out don't want to lose the money it was pawned for, or again, personally know my corrupt family member.

This is very emotional for me and I was not trying to say all this before but you have gotten the full story out of me.

Please don't judge me, if you were faced with family who steals, you'd likely feel as betrayed as me.
collector_pa_v

Next

Return to Machines Wanted