What reference materials are must haves

This is the place to post any type of article related to coin operated machines.

Re: What reference materials are must haves

Postby BEER4U » Tue May 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Howdy TJ,
I'm on the opposite side of the country then S. Cal.

I've added three of the books so far from what people have suggested
and a few others that seems interesting from Mr. Bueschel. I've been waiting
until I can get them for under $20, since I'm in no hurry and have to get through
the ones I have any ways.

Been enjoying the forum immensely!

B4U
BEER4U

Postby andydotp » Tue May 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Regarding Christensen's excellent Pictorial Review, on more than one occasion I've discovered that Dick Bueschel's update has been torn out!
Why would anyone do such a thing? Am yet to find a copy with Dick's addendum intact. :cry:
andydotp
andydotp

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 pm

andydotp wrote:Regarding Christensen's excellent Pictorial Review, on more than one occasion I've discovered that Dick Bueschel's update has been torn out!
Why would anyone do such a thing? Am yet to find a copy with Dick's addendum intact. :cry:
andydotp

Andy;
are you still on the forum and looking for this book?
If yes, there is one on flebay at a good price: currently $20.
It's a good book and Bueschel's foreword turns it into a good reference.
nvmos2

Postby TJ » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:37 pm

My wife and I started collecting in 1991. Our first machine a Jennings to-day vendor jack pot conversion. Possibly a factory conversion although I don't know how that could be proven. Shortly after buying that machine we went to see another, and soon after that we were in a heap of trouble. Our first show was a Loose Change coin op show at the Pomona fair grounds, we purchased a nickel Q.T. 21 star and the book Slot Machines on Parade. We enjoyed the great photography and that book inspired us to go hunting, and learning. Not long after that we discovered many books on the subject and a great group of people that we enjoy to this day. A.C.M.C.A. the Antique Coin Machine Collectors Association. The many ways to educate oneself is through written material friends and associates and reputable dealers. But even the bad guys will inadvertently teach you plenty. If you are in this business to make money I think that is just fine, but leave the nit picking at home. Not everyone is an expert, and knowledge is rewarding.
TJ

Previous

Return to Articles