mills shock machine electricity is life

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: mills shock machine electricity is life

Postby Richard13 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:23 pm

Not really where are you located? I am afraid I would mess it up worse than it is. If you were close by I would consider helping you. I used to wind cores like that for the 1945-1955 VW vehicles and still have my wires and tools somewhere in the shop. What did you pay for that thing anyway?
Please email me some photos and maybe I will think about it harder, and please don't try to fix it anymore or unwind the
Core further. This is the battery your machine needs its about 6-7 inches long 2 1/2-3 inches in diameter.

image.jpeg

Reomanager1@aol.com
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Re: mills shock machine electricity is life

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:50 am

sick954 wrote:thanks tried unwraping wire on transformer as looked like was broken in a few places, now im screwed, is this something you might be interested in fixing,

I do believe what I said above was, "doing a rewind was very tedious work".
What I didn't say was, "do not attempt to tackle a job like this, unless you know electronics, and are absolutely sure you can handle it".
The moment you noticed broken wires, was the time to stop, and seek help. I assume now, that the unit is apart, and your next best
hope, is that Richard can help you. At least if you don't live close, there is always 'Ole Mr. Mailbox'!

While we are on the subject of "where a person might live, that is seeking help", I have brought the subject up in the past, and it has
done no good. When this Forum first began, back in Nov. 2004, most members were putting their location in the column. That is an
advantage for persons looking for help from other nearby collectors, if not just to chat, or possibly get together sometime. As time
went on, hardly anyone was putting down their location. If you scroll through the pages in the last couple of years, there is usually a
half dozen or less per page. I realize that there are some that choose to be anonymous, and are just 'lookie-loos', and may not be a
collector, but for the rest of us that have a real interest in this hobby, it would be very helpful to list your location. It's not like you
should put your street & address. Just City & State is sufficient. Or just the State, if you choose. Some also list their websites, which
is also a plus. If you didn't list your location when you first signed up, it is very easy to do now. Just sign-in, and go to your profile page,
and simply add your location. Done Deal! :roll:
SLOT DYNASTY

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions