Sprimg Classic Auction in Union Ill

This is the place to post any type of article related to coin operated machines.

Sprimg Classic Auction in Union Ill

Postby MJFHouston » Mon May 02, 2016 5:35 pm

I wasn't aware of this auction that took place in April, but if any one is interested in what items sold for here is the link.

There were a few nice machines and the prices I don't think were too crazy like we usually see in auctions

Copy the entire link I posted and paste it to your search and it will bring up all 14 pages. The slots I believe are in the middle pages

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/Spring-Cl ... 6refine%3D
MJFHouston

Re: Sprimg Classic Auction in Union Ill

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:28 am

Thank you for posting.
yes, the prices were closer to realistic for once.
price was a little low on the Keeney's super bonus bell, in my opinion. yep, I own one but, mine has the original paint job......
ugly but, Original.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue May 03, 2016 2:30 am

You're right, the prices on the Slots were not out-of-line. But they sure don't know anything about
what they were selling. They were calling a Jennings a Mills, and a Mills a Jennings. #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:12 am

o.k. , but most of the time it's the sellers with no clue & the auction houses with no clue either or don't care.
these auction houses should have forced rules; 6 photos or more, at least an honest statement to.... it actually works or not.
forced "do a little research " on your item for sale.... has to be "X " amount of lines of information.
OR better, here's a questionnaire you must fill out, OR you can't sell that here.
year ?:
make ?:
working ?:
any replaced parts (if known) ?:
Parts missing ?:
restored ?:
known issues ?:
this could be for all types of items they try to sell.

Hate seeing ..... "1930's 5 cent slot machine with key ".
And clearly it's all beat up, actually from the 1950's, repainted neon pink with black flames, looks like all the glass in missing, reel strips look like they are up side down, 5 cent sign looks painted on, ect.,ect.
And the starting bid is only $1,000.00

And it doesn't sell !?!? Wounder why ?
some honesty would be nice.......

I actually bought 3 unmolested mills slot, 2 Jewels & 1 black cherry from an honest guy. "I know this picker back in Boston, he picked these up, I felt obligated to buy them. drove them back to Az. have no clue about them at all. the dime works ,25 cent does not & no key , the 50 cent ,no clue as I have no coins.
so far only dealers have shown any interest and they want to pay nothing for them. if you want all 3 ,you can take them for $2,100.00 right now".

I did , And have bought 2 more from him (mills f.o.k. & mills token bell) ,he picked up locally. he bought them only because he knew I would buy them.
he charged me only $200.00 above his cost on those 2.
if your honest , you get my hard earned money... simple.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Richard13 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:43 am

Wow where abouts in AZ are you? If the machine without a key has a Yale lock or similar and not a mills worm key I might be able to open it for you I'm in Tempe. If your picker finds any other early machines you are gonna pass on and he hauled them here let me know I have room for one more lol.
Richard
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:09 am

Sorry Richard;
didn't mean to let you hang there.
I'm out in Peoria , closer to Luke A.F. Base. spent a week playing e-mail tag with a guy with a slot for sale.... finally got it pinned down & went over this morning to pick it up before going into work.
now I got 17 slots total.
I think your golden falls wants to move to the West side ....... I hear him....
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Richard13 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Jeff I flew up to my place in the mountains yesterday to turn the water on get rid of cobwebs and see if these was
any rodent damage or squatters in the place or I was burglarized over the winter. All is good. I'm sitting about 15 feet away from those two machines but since my surgery a month or so ago I can't lift more than 10 pounds, so here it will sit until after my next surgery. I have another machine in a box in the garage too I don't like it it has the funky gooseneck where the slugs dump out on top. Double jackpot conversion Mills. But again it's 100 pounds. Wanna trade sometime? I'm flat on my back now resting watching the river go buy and the trout jump with my pellet stove keeping the place all toasty warm.
My email is reomanager1@aol.com
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It has a gold painted base
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Return to Articles