WATLING LINCOLN DE LUX REVAMP

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

WATLING LINCOLN DE LUX REVAMP

Postby mechanic » Fri May 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Here is one fantastic find. Fantastic that it exists at all. I must be crazy but I had to have it as there are only 3 of this revampers machines known so far. Two are Mills FOK revamps but this is the only Watling. Check the pics and tell me I'm not nuts !!!!! LOL Oh, There is no base to the cabinet and no mech.
DSC00003.JPG
DSC00002.JPG
DSC00001.JPG
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00005.JPG
DSC00006.JPG
mechanic

Re: WATLING LINCOLN DE LUX REVAMP

Postby Richard13 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:58 am

Wow you are somewhat more ambitious than I. I think that machine was busted up with a sledge hammer and dumped in the river back in 1929 but rescued at low water drought in the 70's sometime lol. Looking forward to your restoration of this machine. Did the seller know about the revamp or what they were selling?
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:29 am

I agree with Richard..... bigger under taking than I might want to get involved in. nice it was found & saved after all these years.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Richard13 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:44 am

If it was me and I was not dead yet I would make a new cabinet....2 days bead blast all the metal parts and bag em.
Then fleas and polish the castings and frame it nice for the wall maybe with a string of colored xmas lights behind the glass etc. then maybe dumb luck would come my way in parts or get a mills mech and re revamp it! Good save though.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby mechanic » Sat May 14, 2016 7:50 pm

I am fortunate that I have another Watling "JUMBO" cabinet to copy from. Yea the woods going to be total repro but saving this genuine rare example is worth it to me. I will post updates as needed. I'm still nuts !!!!!!!! I seriously doubt the seller knew what he had.
mechanic

Return to Fantastic Finds