mills bursting cherry

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

mills bursting cherry

Postby bob88 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:07 pm

I have a 25 cent 20 stop mills bursting cherry. When its cycled and there is a payout the next pull on the handle is more difficult. this happens only after a payout, what should i look for.
bob88

Re: mills bursting cherry

Postby flipper77 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:41 am

Machine is working as it should. The payout slides have snapped to back in order to slice off the appropriate coins for payout. The next pull after a payout resets the slides. On some machines, more noticeable than others. You could disassemble and clean the slides. And check your horizontal slide springs but these springs are usually small tension. Probably just normal for your Mills machine.
flipper77

Postby YourBestBet » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:03 am

Yes, machine is working as it should. There is an anti-cheat device installed near the front of the slides. You can remove it but I wouldn't recommend it.
YourBestBet

Postby oldslotman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:17 am

If it gets too hard the pull, I would suggest that you remove that anti cheat device in the front of the slides because it may cause the reels to spin at a very fast pace since it would holding back some of the action of the machine and put undue stress on it and may at some time in the future bend the payout slides push bar or cause the payout slide push bar spring to break. If you don't play the machine a lot it should not be a problem left as is, but if the machine gets used a lot you could a have a problem in the future. JMHO
oldslotman

Postby bob88 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:46 pm

thanks, you are all always so helpful, i think i will try and clean the slides
bob88

Postby bob88 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:46 pm

thanks, you are all always so helpful, i think i will try and clean the slides
bob88

Postby mechanic » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Check your slide springs for the wrong tension springs someone has put on. This is done when the slides get dirty or corroded and someone does not know what to do. Extra spring tension helps the problem but does not fix it. Remove any springs that look heavier gauged and /or get in contact with mrslot1 for a new set. You should also check the slide reset bar for wear as this can cause issues due to the slide spring tension. When the slide have been reset there should be no tension on the horizontal fingers at all, they should be free floating so as when the vertical fingers hit a winner the fingers move out of the way of the slide or slides that will move back to pay the coins. There should be about a 64th minimum gap between the back of the slides and the tips of the horizontal fingers. The slides should never touch the horizontal fingers before the 5th click moves out of the way.
mechanic

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions