Jennings dutchboy problem

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings dutchboy problem

Postby briank » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 pm

I just picked up an all original jennings dutchboy with side vendor. Nice little machine. My son had friends over and under my observation they fed a few hundred nickels through. On the very last nickel,kid put it in and.pulled the handle but it didnt engage anyhting. I pulled the mechanism out and nothing is broken but something is askew. Any things to look for? Im fresh to all of this still I may not know all the correct terms. Thanks
briank

Re: Jennings dutchboy problem

Postby briank » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:04 pm

Upon closer inspection it looks like the roller portion on the handle side might be stuck down. Ill try to attach a picture. Any ideas what I need to trip to get it back up?
Attachments
20160721_150013.jpg
briank

Postby briank » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:57 pm

I had some down time and studied how everything moves and was able to get it to work. Towards the rear there was a lever(?) that was blocking something. Once I lifted that, the wheels spun then I was able to then lift up the front roller part. Slid it the mech all all back in and cycled a couple nickels through it and it works fine.
briank

Postby Richard13 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Good news, dang kids go on Craig's list and buy one of those retired machines with bells whistles and lights for $50 bucks and let em try and destroy that!
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions