Jennings 25c Chief tic tac toe

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Jennings 25c Chief tic tac toe

Postby atac » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi, just picked this up today. Not rare as far as make or model (ok so far Bill?), but rare in the form of very minty condition--probably 9.5+ and never refinished or molested in any way. No rust, a couple scratches. The usual old grease. The serial numbers match. The reel strips are perfect. The paper is near perfect. I was told it was in the Tradewinds restaurant near Sloan's Lake in Denver, which has since closed. Must've been put on location right before the crackdown in 1951. Been in the only other owner's basement since until today. The jackpot coins were dated 1965-1967 in very good condition. The slides were jammed--when I unjammed them it was all modern quarters in the tube. I tried to set the jackpot 2x and it didn't dump. I had taken a picture of the mech and looked at it later and noticed the third reel had jumped. So thought about it and figured it was bugged and sure enough when I got back to my car after work there's a cheater on it. Glad it was only operated in a reputable place. I've got another machine on the way--hope to add it to this column in a week or two...
Attachments
IMG_1651.JPG
IMG_1650 (2).JPG
IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1648.JPG
IMG_1654 (1).JPG
atac

Re: Jennings 25c Chief tic tac toe

Postby Richard13 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Nice find and those crooks in the Denver mob, at least it was a upscale joint back in the day.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Very nice original machine.

Congratulations.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Yes Tim, "OK to the end"! :D Nice find. Great condition, from what you usually see this model in.
It must have been put away, not long after placement, as most of the time, the chrome plating is
all scratched to hell. Congrats!
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Fantastic Finds