Mills Melon Bell

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Mills Melon Bell

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:05 am

Here is an all original machine that has been in the same Maryland family for decades; with a side vender and a side shooter.
It was in the grandfathers store and the grandson recently decided that he would rather have cash than keep it in the family.
Unfortunately, I was unable to get to see it before someone bought it (perhaps it's in the happy hands of another member of this forum).

Melon1.jpg

Melon2.jpg
nvmos2

Re: Mills Melon Bell

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:05 am

to bad you weren't able to snag it. nice in the original colors. not sure on the shooter & vendor. seems a little late to have these items on it...... regardless , very nice & rare.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:46 am

That side shooter attachment is pretty unusual.

A buddy of mine and I each bought a Cherry Front Rol-A-Top many years ago at Chicago show that had one of those attached.

I think both of those machines also came out of the Maryland area and had consecutive serial numbers.

There must have been an operator up there putting them on the machines.

Maybe you can find out who bought the machine and get it.

I am pretty sure the vendor on the machine is the correct one.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:10 am

nvmos 2; beat the trees a bit & see what falls out (can't hurt).
one would assume ,if it was in a forum members hands, photos , ect. would have been already posted.

no doubt some one who might not know what they have.... "hey, I just bought this old slot machine".
find it before it's repainted , ect.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby altort » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:34 pm

NVMOS2

Just getting a chance to read this post, to bad you did not get this slot, quite unique with the side vender that sure looks to be original with the slot but a side shooter to boot!

An other thing that is unusual about this slot is the coin return on the upper casting by the coin entry, usually only found on the Silent F.O.K. I have not seen this coin return on a escalator with side vender, you can see the shaft in the side vender window that senses when the vender is out, I have only seen this on goose neck side venders, this is the first for me on a escalator.

I would definitely contact the seller about trying to find who has it now, like Jeff said if some one that is a non collector bought it just to have a slot who knows what he might do, if he cant get it to just work with out the side shooter or vender, he might remove the parts just because they are not needed to just play the slot.

It might take some detective work but not impossible to find the buyer the seller must have received a phone call right? Have him check his incoming calls to find the number, pay him a fee that should motivate him since money drove him to sell it to begin with, if you don't want to pursue it I would be interested at least to make sure the new owner knows what he has.

Al
altort

Postby Richard13 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Two things, what is a shooter I have never seen or heard of one of those. Second thing I'm back in hospital and just had my pain meds....what was the buyers asking price?
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby TheFatman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Richard ..... my slot friend ..... stay focused on recovery from whatever you are in the hospital for ..... the machines will always be there .... so get well and you can be there for them..
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby Rick B » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Richard, here is a video showing it. Get well soon brother :) Rick B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA79H6YU4ts
Rick B

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Richard13 wrote:Two things, what is a shooter I have never seen or heard of one of those. Second thing I'm back in hospital and just had my pain meds....what was the buyers asking price?

The shooter made the machine a game of skill. When you hit a winner, the machine would not pay until you pulled the plunger which launched a ball to hit a target.

Rick B posted a link to the YT video I did on my RAT which had it.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Pictures