Super deal on 3 machines at auction. Need a few things

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

Super deal on 3 machines at auction. Need a few things

Postby Rick B » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Friend wanted a QT like I had and told him about an auction I seen with one. Well I had to buy two machines as they were pretty cheap and both originals numbers and all. Passed on 7 others. 1st the QT needs the metal Mills name plate from the side. Next the Jennings 4 FOK needs the front bracket and award or memo card to go with it. You can see they just put screws in it. Anyone have a lead? Paid under $2,000 for all three machines which was great to enlarge my collection. Didn't have a Callies yet.Thanks,,Rick B

Last edited by Rick B on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick B

Re: Super deal on 3 machines at auction. Need a few things

Postby Frank » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Wow what a deal!
Frank

Postby Richard13 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:04 pm

That Jennings today vendor is a nice machine but what a pita to work on the vendor linkage nice score!!
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby marsonion » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:50 pm

It's not even easy to find a lowly Caille Dough-Boy in such a nice, restored condition! Too bad the JP and reserve aren't working properly, but that's not such a difficult fix... just a tedious one. :|
marsonion

Postby Rick B » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Richard Vendor works perfectly, luckily.

marsonion The Callies is gummed up heavily. Owner had these put up and many were not used for awhile. He passed away some time ago. I Plan on cleaning it up when I get time. I am not familiar with Callies so wondering what made you say the JP is messed up? I think they were trying to get money of of it possibly. Rick
Rick B

Postby marsonion » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Rick B wrote: marsonion The Callies is gummed up heavily. Owner had these put up and many were not used for awhile. He passed away some time ago. I Plan on cleaning it up when I get time. I am not familiar with Callies so wondering what made you say the JP is messed up? I think they were trying to get money of of it possibly. Rick

Well, if you look at the picture of your "Callie," you'll see coins piling up on a locked-up, sliding trap door in the floor of the reserve above the JP, which contains but one, sad nickel. FYI that trap door should slide open on each pull to allow coins to gather into the lower chamber (i.e. the JP) until their accumulated weight shoves backward on a ballasted contraption which latches the trap door shut, so coins start piling up in the reserve (upper chamber). Lots can go wrong with the ponderous scenario I describe here; I'm not defending it, just telling you how it's supposed to run. Don't get me started on how it stops dropping coins into the reserve, because that's a real hoot... save the best for last. :lol:
marsonion

Postby Rick B » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:36 am

Thank you and I started to think the lower being empty would be the issue. When I was trying to operate it the reserve was moving and jiggling the coins so it may be jammed I hope and nothing to hard to dig into. When I opened it up and pulled the reel bundle out it was super sticky and hard grease. I guess I will know how to work on a Caillies soon :) Rick B
Rick B

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:06 pm

Rick:
If you take the time to go completely through your Caille mech., you should have a good playing machine.
Most collectors shy away from these later models, as they are notorious for having worn & sloppy parts, due
to heavy location play. They also take much longer to work on than your typical Mills, Jennings, Watling, etc.
Plus, parts are not as readily available either. There are a couple of members on this Forum, that have more
experience with these models than most of us, but at this time, I am not sure who they are. Perhaps they will
ring-in with any questions you may have, and maybe have some needed parts as well. Good Luck.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby TheFatman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:39 pm

Rick ... great find.
I like the 2 Chevron QTs. If your interested in a few more Mills and Jennings ... let me know with a PM.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby marsonion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:52 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:There are a couple of members on this Forum, that have more
experience with these models than most of us, but at this time, I am not sure who they are.

*ahem*

BILL! :evil:
marsonion

Next

Return to Pictures