British extraordinary

This is the place where pictures of all kinds of Coin Operated devices will be placed. This forum open as of 4/7/2005

British extraordinary

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 am

my extraordinary as i bought it.jpg
my extraordinary now 1.JPG
Hello to all;
posting a few photos of my partially restored Mills extraordinary. Made for the British market. since it was intended for them ,I will keep it British. some of you may have seen this basket case originally up on e- ban some time ago , up for months.
price finally got right , & I bought it.
I had to repair the top section of the casting & the bonnet, note it now has a flat top appearance. I usually like "from the factory" but, those colors were darn ugly, I went with the metallic blue & gold (black bonnet).
Still some work to be done on it but, it does play.
thanks for looking. jeff H. 1st photo , as I bought it.
JHSS-1944

Re: British extraordinary

Postby Richard13 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:08 am

Another fantastic transformation jeff you are an inspiration to me at least to get off my diff and finish the last two projectsfedex delivered a few weeks ago.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:11 am

Thank you Richard. need some small replacement parts & will eventually make the skill stop arm parts for this also.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:48 am

another photo. note it's a 2 piece casting but, different from the vendor type casting.
Attachments
extraordinary paint gone.JPG
JHSS-1944

Postby Rick B » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:39 am

That came out beautiful. I do miss the top peaks but could live with it this way. I kept bidding on this one and gave up. I was wondering how it would look if fixed and I think you did a better job than I could have :) Rick B
Rick B

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Thank you Rick B. !
yea, the owner was fairly clueless, bought it at a sale , was in a basement for a long time. he bought it to flip it. no photos of the inside has he had no idea how to remove the mechanics out , "afraid I'll break it ". I said it was already broken , missing some "major" parts ,ect.
on the top section that was broke off, there seems to be I believe , 3 different types. the U.S. used ones are taller then a french version I saw was shorter, then this one was shorter still. found a few terrible images of 2 brit. machines & they looked a bit different from each other in this area.
now, if I knew 1 of the guys at work could weld Aluminum well , & WE won't get fired , then it would have been there & as correct as possible to the images. but, went with what I did.
If you remember , the seller said it was a dollar coin slot , ect., ect. = All wrong information. once he corrected his listing with the right information, No one had any interest in it.
All the original bidders though it was a dollar machine too (I guess). then he told me straight out what he had to have for it. I thought to high, due to condition ,plus not knowing how many parts were missing , ect.
many weeks later, he said you want it ? , how about this price , plus shipping ? = o.k. , I'll take it.

he now has NO interest in looking at another to resell. And yes, he's seen it after my restoration.
kept it to play the large british penny (actually found one from 1912 stuck under the pay out cup).
needs a few more minor parts & new reel strips.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:16 pm

OH , surprisingly this has the gold award strips ,with the token vendor still in it , And the Jack pot. these were usually disabled or completely removed all together.
And with the skill stop buttons still in place. Currently working on the skill stop "arms" ect. that were removed. no choice , have to make them. now add a side vendor...... (all the bells & whistles) , which I have never seen on a Extraordinary .
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:35 am

extraordinary instructions for play sign.JPG
photo of the instruction card for the skill stops (few asked about it).
by the way , printed on x-mas wrapping paper (gold).
JHSS-1944

Return to Pictures