25 cent Castle Front in Florida

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

25 cent Castle Front in Florida

Postby Old Gunner » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:25 am

Hi folks, since I got my Jennings Dutch Boy I feel the need to add another :D I would like to find a quarter castle front here in Florida, with all the nightmares I have read about shipping these with the the gorillas I'd rather pickup. I am on the gulf coast below Sarasota, but will go most anywhere in Fl. Looking to buy or barter. Working condition preferred, willing to restore a complete machine. Thank you!
Regards
Paul
Old Gunner

Re: 25 cent Castle Front in Florida

Postby toydoc » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:59 pm

I have a few machines that need restoration; they are not Castle front nor 25 cents but I am in Miami. If interested call me 305-947-7744.
toydoc

Postby Old Gunner » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:01 am

Thanks ToyDoc, but I need find a quarter machine as my wife's hands have a hard time with the smaller coins. I would have liked to get a dime machine to go with my nickel one, but she likes to play once in awhile and the larger coins would be helpful. I guess a 50 cent machine would be fine, but will they work with today's coins or would I have to find a couple of rolls of older coins?
Regards
Paul
Old Gunner

Postby oldslotman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:32 am

Old Gunner wrote:Thanks ToyDoc, but I need find a quarter machine as my wife's hands have a hard time with the smaller coins. I would have liked to get a dime machine to go with my nickel one, but she likes to play once in awhile and the larger coins would be helpful. I guess a 50 cent machine would be fine, but will they work with today's coins or would I have to find a couple of rolls of older coins?

Mills 50 cent machines will work with Kennedy 50 cent coins.
oldslotman

Postby Old Gunner » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:46 am

Thank you Old Slotman! I Should amend my request then for a 25 or 50 cent Castle Front in FLA ! :D
Regards
Paul
Old Gunner

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Old Gunner wrote:Thank you Old Slotman! I Should amend my request then for a 25 or 50 cent Castle Front in FLA ! :D

A 50c "Castle Front" will be tougher to find, plus a bit more pricey. There are always 25c versions available, but be
very cautious, as these were one of the models that were heavily Reproduced for many years. Many sellers know
exactly what they are selling, but at times, will flat-out lie to you, as to what it really is. This is what has always
made so many new collectors 'Gun-Shy', in dealing on eBay. Your best bet, is to buy a machine that is a little dirty,
and needs some cleaning up. That way you are more likely to get an original. Even though a 50c model will usually
be an original, (as they were not reproduced), there is a sight chance that you could come across a Foreign coin
version, which was produced in the English 1d coin, which will accept and play on a U.S. 50c, but will not pay out
correctly, because of the difference in coin thickness. Good luck with your search.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:51 pm

slot dynasty is correct, be very cautious, check it out before buying it. I don't recall seeing a 50 cent version or the British 1d version but , no doubt they do exist.
best of luck on your search ! you sound determined, so it shouldn't be long.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Old Gunner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:34 am

Thank you gentlemen for the great advice! =D> I am still kind of a newbie at this. After I found the '28 Jennings at a decent price and cleaned it up I kind of got hooked. :-D I am hoping that once I get the quarter machine in so my wife can play I will be able to sneak a dime one in along the line! I really appreciate you folks taking time to give me the pointers! I am prowling Craig's list, that where I found my first one, in the same town I live in! You never know, I am going to try and avoid eBay if I can.
Regards
Paul
Old Gunner

Return to Machines Wanted