Buckley Happy Days - is this a bogus model

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Buckley Happy Days - is this a bogus model

Postby clubconsoles » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 pm

I bought this in the recent Morphy auction.
I mainly collect payout machines but thought this real neat because of the Deco cabinet and the end of prohibition connection (Happy Days are here again!)
It looks all original but I cannot find any info on it and I know that a certain individual likes to Recreate bogus stimulators with Bar Boy strips.
Any info or opinion welcome!
Attachments
20170130_101438.jpg
happy Days.jpg
happy Days.jpg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
clubconsoles

Re: Buckley Happy Days - is this a bogus model

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Your newly acquired Buckley "Happy Days", is an original model. It is not one of the Vegas Butchers Bastardized creations.
The reel strips are not the same as the "Tavern", and haven't been reproduced. The award card is also original, and not a
fake one that someone made up from scratch, like several others.
The Butcher has made up a couple of Fakes, using this Buckley case, with Tavern strips, and a Tavern card, with the name
on the card changed to "Bartender". He seems to have ceased building Fake machines, as of late, but now sells recast parts
that look like CRAP. Some of the castings are also 'made-from-scratch' Fakes. I don't know what foundry he is using, but they
must use gravel, instead of sand, to pour the molds. The castings are full of flaws, and when he polishes them, they even
look worse. His buyers must be blind to buy that Crap. If it looks bad on eBay, what do you suppose it looks like in person?
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: Buckley Happy Days - is this a bogus model

Postby clubconsoles » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:36 am

Thanks for the info Bill.
I was fairly sure it was all original, just after a second opinion.
regards

Nigel
clubconsoles

Return to Trade Stimulators